+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf odds??

Hi all,
    We are having to go down the ivf + pgd route at the end of July because I'm a carrier of a Genetic issue called Balanced robertsonian translocation.

I was just wanting to know for anyone who has done ivf+pgd or just ivf, did it work first time, second time etc???

I'm just sooo worried, I can't stop thinking about it

Thanks
    Ex

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Eleash

I am doing IVF with PGD and I wish I could say its going well but its not. We have had three cycles now with the first one being the only had that resulted in a transfer. the second none of our embryos made it to day 5 blast to be biopsied and the third we had two embryos one of which had the gene and one was inconclusive.

Where are you from? feel free to contact me if you want someone to talk to

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i did one round of IVF and we were successful on the second transfer which was a frozen embryo.

we still have two embryo's left but havent need to use them as we fell pregnant again naturally when my daughter (from IVF) was 6 months old.

It was successful for a umber of people i know on the first round as well.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was successful on my first round of ivf so it can happen.

The odds are unfortunately against us at about 38% at my age. But I always thought to myself, why can't I be in that 38% and lucky for me I was.

Good luck.

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was successful on the 8th round, two very good friends were lucky enough to get pregnant the first time. Good luck with it all.
    The thing is you will go crazy thinking about the odds, it is different for everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a BFP first go - unfortunately I miscarried. 2nd round is in a few weeks.

My friend was successful on her 2nd go. Other friends of ours also are doing it with PGD to screen out something they're carriers of - their 2nd round worked.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a BFP twice first go, it can happen and I now have two gorgeous boys as a result. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherwillbe View Post
    The odds are unfortunately against us at about 38% at my age. But I always thought to myself, why can't I be in that 38% and lucky for me I was.
    38% is pretty good. The odds of natural conception are only 20% in a cycle. So we're lucky, in a way, to be going the ivf route

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately (and you are probably going to hear this a lot) the numbers don't mean much and it really is a game of chance.
    DH and I had a very high chance of success on the first round, I was only 22, had no problems myself and had a grade A embryo. We are finally now 14 weeks pregnant from cycle #5. We have friends who had much worse odds that fell pregnant first time.
    My pieces of advice are to remember that knowledge is power and if you want to have or do something then don't be afraid to speak up about it, it's your body and your money so if you feel like you are not being listened to then look at other options.

Good Luck and I hope it works first go for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby and I went through two IVF cycles which resulted in 1 transfer per cycle due to no frozen embryos. 1st cycle we transferred 1 embryo = BFN, 2nd cycle we transferred 2 embryos = BFP & am currently 26 weeks pregnant with our little girl. My main tip is keep positive. Good luck on your journey