+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default All The Info

Hi! I want all the info/opinions (without being rude or mean )/experiences of natural births. What to expect and kind of just everything! Please ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to backgroundnoise For This Useful Post:

Lansstar  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    subscribing. thanks for the great question

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a natural birth with DD2 two weeks ago wheres DD1 was induced 2yrs ago.

spontaneous labour builds up - in my experience - the contractions start mildly and infrequently. you can go about your day - cooking/washing/cleaning etc with little difficulty.

I found them easy till they got to being 3 in 10mins. Thats when I went into the shower and they were fairly easy then too - could talk through it no probs once under hot water. BTW I had a posterior baby so laboured on hands/knees, leaning forwards over fitball in shower.

the car trip to the hospy sucked cos I was sitting down. Did lean forwards as the back pain was getting bad but could still talk through the contractions.

I reached the hospy with contractions every few mins and 8cm dilated. by now the pain was pretty damn present and I couldnt talk thru it but I kept praying through it under my breath.

Used the gas for a bit as the back pain was shocking - DH pressed a heatpack on my back which helped immensely. I did cave and asked for an epi as bub hadnt turned anterior yet - so I was hooked up to all the machines and stuck to the bed. But by the time the anaes arrived I was fully dilated, bub had turned and I was ready to push. DD2 out in 10-15mins - pushed her out on my knees leaning over the bed head which was inclined up. No tears/grazes at all. DD2 was 3.5kgs and 52cm long. I got to catch her as she popped out! I got to cuddle my baby as soon as she was born - we delayed the cord cutting. I had to have the oxytocin injection as I was losing a lot of blood (~800 mL and my OB was worried) but I didnt mind that. then the middie and OB left DH, DD2 and myself to bond/bf for an hour with dimmed lights. Then got up, showered (for AGES!!!) whilst DD2 was weighed and got daddy cuddles.... Then we strolled upstairs to my room where they had dinner all ready for us (with champers - You gotta love private hospys).

from regular contractions till baby arrived 4hrs 15mins. From arrival at hospy to baby 1hr 45. from baby's birth to sitting and having dinner - about 2hrs.

if all births were like that - I'd have a baby a year.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 24-06-2012 at 20:52.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

backgroundnoise  (24-06-2012),Lansstar  (25-06-2012),Sarelou  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that sounds like a dream experience! I think maybe I've been reading too many horror birth stories to believe the breeze births still exist

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backgroundnoise View Post
    Wow that sounds like a dream experience! I think maybe I've been reading too many horror birth stories to believe the breeze births still exist
    my first birth sucked. induced cos i was overdue, 22hr posterior labour- DD1 was big and got stuck so vacuum delivery in theatre (in case I needed a csec), no skin/skin cos I went into shock, reacted to the epi by puking everywhere, lost heaps of blood, 2nd degree tear, didnt get a cuddle with DD1 till 2hrs later in recovery.

my second was a dream.... its amazing how easy a spontaneous labour is to an induced one. when your body and bubba are ready - it just works out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I'm sorry your first was so horrible! With that experience I'd be terrified to have a second.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was born spontaneous posterior within 6 hours from first contraction to a gorgeous bubba with only 2 panadol and a useless ex that slept through majority and most he gave me was a light back rub.

I found sitting on the toilet (thinking I was simply constipated) helped heaps, even in the car on the way to the hospital I squared over the seat, later discovered this was due to her crowning.

Honestly, you only hear the bad when you're pregnant but follow your body and you should be fine

10. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

backgroundnoise  (25-06-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Mummy View Post
    I had a natural birth with DD2 two weeks ago wheres DD1 was induced 2yrs ago.

spontaneous labour builds up - in my experience - the contractions start mildly and infrequently. you can go about your day - cooking/washing/cleaning etc with little difficulty.

I found them easy till they got to being 3 in 10mins. Thats when I went into the shower and they were fairly easy then too - could talk through it no probs once under hot water. BTW I had a posterior baby so laboured on hands/knees, leaning forwards over fitball in shower.

the car trip to the hospy sucked cos I was sitting down. Did lean forwards as the back pain was getting bad but could still talk through the contractions.

I reached the hospy with contractions every few mins and 8cm dilated. by now the pain was pretty damn present and I couldnt talk thru it but I kept praying through it under my breath.

Used the gas for a bit as the back pain was shocking - DH pressed a heatpack on my back which helped immensely. I did cave and asked for an epi as bub hadnt turned anterior yet - so I was hooked up to all the machines and stuck to the bed. But by the time the anaes arrived I was fully dilated, bub had turned and I was ready to push. DD2 out in 10-15mins - pushed her out on my knees leaning over the bed head which was inclined up. No tears/grazes at all. DD2 was 3.5kgs and 52cm long. I got to catch her as she popped out! I got to cuddle my baby as soon as she was born - we delayed the cord cutting. I had to have the oxytocin injection as I was losing a lot of blood (~800 mL and my OB was worried) but I didnt mind that. then the middie and OB left DH, DD2 and myself to bond/bf for an hour with dimmed lights. Then got up, showered (for AGES!!!) whilst DD2 was weighed and got daddy cuddles.... Then we strolled upstairs to my room where they had dinner all ready for us (with champers - You gotta love private hospys).

from regular contractions till baby arrived 4hrs 15mins. From arrival at hospy to baby 1hr 45. from baby's birth to sitting and having dinner - about 2hrs.

if all births were like that - I'd have a baby a year.
    Wow, I want this one, without the losing a lot of blood bit (been there, done that).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My first labour started with my waters breaking. I didn't have contractions just a horrible contiuous period pain feeling. Lasted an hour an a half then ds was born. Didn't need stitches or anything. Felt fine to get up and walk around straight away. I wasn't allowed drugs due to labour being too short apparently.
    Second labour was worse.. Started with waters breaking, followed by horrible contractions... Lasted 3.5hrs. Didn't have tearing. I was allowed some pethadine towards the end even though the midwives said it was a bit pointless giving it to me at that stage.
    I felt fine straight after and was up and walking around, anxious to go home straight away.
    Everyones experience is going to be different.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

backgroundnoise  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree you only hear the bad stories but don't be put off!! Natural birth is the most awesome thing in the world when it all goes well (which is most of the time).

My labour was 3 hours 45 mins from start to finish. No tearing or drugs. Started with waters breaking at home and straight into 3-5minute contractions. I was very lucky I know but you can increase your chances of a good labour dramatically.

The best thing you can do is educate yourself beforehand. I was quite determined to have a natural labour if possible. I read various birth skills books, researched different pain management techniques including vocalisations, massage, TENS machines, water injections etc as well as other stuff in case I needed it (gas, pethidine etc). I took raspberry leaf tea tablets which I believe helped a lot too. I walked a lot in the days leading up to labour.

I was very very lucky in that my job has exposed me to many actual labours and deliveries and it just helped enormously knowing what is normal and how labour progresses etc, what to expect etc.

I think a huge part is mindset also. I know a lot of women who say their labour was 10/10 pain but when I think back I honestly think maybe 8/10 for myself. I kept trying to see it as good pain, things were happening as they were meant to etc.

Anyhoo any specific questions please let me know! Good luck with it all!

Edit: I felt great directly after birth too. I wanted to walk up to our room but they wouldn't let me and pushed me up in a wheelchair haha. Felt silly. Like I said, when it works natural labour is da bomb.
    Last edited by Piffle; 24-06-2012 at 21:59.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (25-06-2012),backgroundnoise  (25-06-2012)