+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Summer babies

hello

So bubba will be here during the first week of december i think (c-sect) possibly during the second week. I live in nsw (and we have hot summers, but not crazy QLD summers) so what kind of clothes will bubba need, especially in those first few weeks, where i wont be able to get out and about much.

Those summer legless onsies? Do i get any long ones? Chillier nights maybe? The cotton ones without the feet?

Winter bubs are so much easier to dress imo...

So hit me with advice/suggestions

TIA

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think just summer jump suits. And I think nsw summers are hotter then qld. I use to live in nsw now I live in qld an yea

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have had 3 summer (2 GC and one nth qld) mine lived in short sleeve onies with short or skirts for the days and light wonder suits at night in the air-con or light nighties/onies.

I also swear by using cloth nappy (terry/flannel/cotton squares) to be used between bub and me when breastfeeding so we both were sweating messes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Have a few wondersuits because you just never know. DS was born in November and we had some really hot days but then had the heater on for a few days in January! We had days where he was just in a nappy and days where he was rugged up.

Remember that they can't keep themselves warm, so try to dress bub in one more layer than you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews
    In hospy I needed wondersuits for dd3 (born in Feb) it was cool in there. When we went home she was in shirt onsies and socks most days (her feet were always cold, apparently that's normal but i know how much i hate my feet being cold) and muslin wrap when sleeping and on cooler nights the long sleeve no leg onsies or shirt onsies with pants and wrap. Both my other girls were winter babies, so much easier haha
    (sorry went on a bit of a ramble there lol)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nmgb For This Useful Post:

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bunny! DD was born in January and she wore long sleeve wondersuits in hospy due to the air con, then we came home to a heat wave and she lived in singlet suits. At night time, she was in short sleeves too. We took a muslin wrap with us out to keep the sun off her if we were outside (only for short peripds obviously!) and for if there was a cool breeze. We had socks and a light cardigan JIC but didn't use them much until late Feb/march. Cardigans etc are good as you can get a size that should fit through autumn and just roll the sleeves up
    So yep.. Umm the singlet suits were the bomb. I bought 5 x 0000 wondersuits and used them for 2 days in hospital!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks everyone!

I guess i will try to get a bit of everything

Thanks mollycoddle i know we live relatively close weather wise, so awesome advice yippee

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh also mostly just used the muslin with air con etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im a wrapper, my previous bub lovedddd being wrapped and slept well when wrapped, but im thinking ill only be able to wrap bubby if we have the aircon on eh?(with muslim) might need to use the aircon more often? (im usually stingy with it for fear of gigunda power bill!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Im a wrapper, my previous bub lovedddd being wrapped and slept well when wrapped, but im thinking ill only be able to wrap bubby if we have the aircon on eh?(with muslim) might need to use the aircon more often? (im usually stingy with it for fear of gigunda power bill!)
    Naked baby (apart from nappy) and muslin wrap ? *dies of cute imagery*

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Molly Coddle For This Useful Post:

Hamilicious  (24-06-2012),Nmgb  (24-06-2012),Squeegee  (27-06-2012),Zombie_eyes  (24-06-2012)