+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HELP! Information required for lesbian couple!

Hi, I only joined today but I have been searching for information regarding AI for lesbian couples. The information available is endless but I still don't seem to have any answers! We are a country couple, with no donor so it seems only option is to spend a fortune & head to a clinic in a capital city! If there is anyone out there who has been in the same situation or has ANY information that may clear some of the clouds, we would be extremely grateful. As i said we are from the country & finding information seems impossible! Thank you in advance from an extremely frustrated person!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CJ Delta, just wondered if you had looked on Pide Angel? they are a connection website an have lots an lots of information on the whole process incluing legal avice, may well be worth you taking a look?! http://www.prideangel.com Hope this helps, good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hey I've been down the long hard road of looking for a donor and to be honest was just a waste of time in my opinion lol. One minute you find someone happy to do ai with you. You chat with them get to know them and then they state oh by the way I'm only going to do the natural way ewww no thanks back to square one. You find someone else it's all good and you get to the getting to know you stage and then he starts making all these demands as to what you can and can't do with the child. What schools you can only enroll in and names he likes/dislikes lol same fella even requested I lose weight. I have spoken on a getting to know you level of over 20 men gay and straight and the reality is when it comes to the crunch they usually back out, want too much involvement or want se.x or everything paid for. Also you run the risk of disease and wasting your time with low sperm mobility and the biological father claiming some sort of custody and his family can also claim it too. Even with a contract written up there are ways to get around things. And even emails sent can be a form of evidence. After 4 years of going through searching for a donor, my partner and I went through ivf and I'm now pregnant with my first child which the process only took 6 months. I do know of a private donor that seems genuine pm me if you want to know who it is and we can talk about it lol good luck

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Op, we did AI at home once with a known donor and we have planned already to head to a clinic. To cut out the middle man, mainly. It sucks relying on someone else.

I strongly suggest saving $$ and looking into IUI with donor sperm at a FC. Are you in NSW?
    Last edited by Mod-SammiAnn; 27-08-2012 at 19:44. Reason: ...removing referrence to deleted post...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wow what a response.

Well for us we found a great donor it took a bit of weeding but not anything like broomdyke had to deal with.

PM me and I'll help where I can to clear some of those clouds