+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i have about a year 6 level of education.

but you all learnt stuff, so i must be wrong. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to an average private girls school, and probably learnt that I would have probably been no worse off at a public school. They had very little variety to choose from in year 11 and 12 subjects unless you wanted to be a Dr, and therefore the ones I chose were downgraded in the system and even though I got A's and B's I got graded so low for Uni scores that I couldn't do anything I wanted to. I ended up working full time for a year after school and then doing a TAFE/Uni course in a field I was interested in.
    I also think I may have been better off quitting after year 10 (with basic secondary education) and doing an apprenticeship or traineeship in a field I love, I think I would have benefitted more from this.
    I think it's hard to learn stuff when you aren't interested in the subjects, ended up being like a chore with no one to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I absolutely learnt stuff in highschool, I didn't get good grades from learning nothing. But then I got bored (wasn't learning what I wanted to learn and was no longer being mentally challenged) and dropped out but I went to pursue higher learning at an earlier age than my peers.

Have a retained the bulk of what I learnt in highschool? Absolutely not.

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I went to high school from '92 to '97.

Yep, I did learn a lot in high school, though I never really achieved what I was capable of academically! This was largely due to the fact that I am very easily distracted, but partially due to a few lousy teachers who really didn't give a shiz.

I was stuck with the same maths teacher for 4 out of 6 years I was at high school and I can almost say I learned nothing from him. He would refuse to repeat himself if a student said they didn't understand something, he would just accuse the student of not listening properly!

I had to get private maths tutoring weekly so I could keep up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I learnt stuff. Though I went to high school in the 2000s mostly (started late 90s).

Thanks
    Reviews
    What I learned from high school, was not to care what people thought of me in high school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    And after 13 years of hard work and a 97.5 ENTER score...I became a housewife!
    Whatever makes you happy TL!

That's impressive though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    What I learned from high school, was not to care what people thought of me in high school.
    That's what I learnt at uni. I can't believe I went through school caring what everyone else thought of me. Once I got to uni nobody cared if you were in the cool group at school or not. We were all nerds lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    Once I got to uni nobody cared if you were in the cool group at school or not. We were all nerds lol!
    Exactly! I used to be bullied a lot, so instead of playing outside with other kids (they all hated me for the fact I was taller, smarter and from a different nationality), I studied and read books. I skipped 2 grades all up and ended up going to uni at 16yo.
    Once I started uni I finally found people who were the same as I was. The bullying finally came to an end and I was taken serious for once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't learn much. I've got ADHD so I didn't fit into the system and they didn't have the time/evergy/patience to mould the system around me. I really hope my children don't have the same problem.