+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Back pain? Please help ...

I'm 37 weeks pregnant, have been having signs of pre labour for the last week, had extremely painful period pain type cramps last night and.have woken up with the sorest back, it is a constant pain and feels almost like a pressure, but painful enough to have me in tears, a hot shower helped for about 10mins, and panadol has done nothing at all, any ideas of what it could be? I don't have a wheat pack or a microwave so that's not an option

Sent from my Racer using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you sure you are not in labour? I had a posterior labour and all I got was back pain. It was on and off though and the pain lasted for about 4 days...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (24-06-2012)

Made in England is offline thought it was about time I put something other than 'senior member'...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happy2bmum View Post
    Are you sure you are not in labour? I had a posterior labour and all I got was back pain. It was on and off though and the pain lasted for about 4 days...
    I was thinking the same... Could be labour. Give the hospital a ring and have a chat with a midwife. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I'm not sure haha, I've been losing my plug over the last week as well as having contractions come and go, this back pain is horrible though, its,sort of in the middle,of my back and is kind of coming in waves but with no break in-between so not like a contraction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like what ive been getting for oh the last 3-4 weeks.. Im 39+6 now :/

I havent been reduced to tears tho, do not as painful as yours...

But yes ive been getting cramps/back pain, which are more like period cramps than distinct cxns if that makes sense? I put it down to pre-labour/my body getting ready.

Also thought id add this is my third bubba... Never had any lead up with my first two.. But apparently it gets worse every pregnancy?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my third too ST nevrbhad this with my first two. I just want it to stop its constant and oh so painful, I might give the midwifes a call in a bit and see what they say...

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing makes me think of both of my boys the week leading up to both births, what caused the pain for me was the bub was face up.
    With number 1 a warm helped and number 2 a heat pack and sitting on the couch or in bed with my top held on a slight angle

Hope this helps good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I'd definitely talk to your midwife. When I was in labour I didn't have pain in my stomach just my back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spitthedummy View Post
    its,sort of in the middle,of my back and is kind of coming in waves but with no break in-between so not like a contraction.

This sounds exactly like the pain I had yesterday. No advice, sorry.... I didn't end up ringing the hospital myself, but will if it comes back. I hope it passes for you. Mine lasted about an hour and eventually went away by itself. xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been getting that pain too. I'm 40+4 and all that helps is kneeling over a fit ball with a heat pack ( I know you said you dont have a microwave or wheat pack but the chemist sells the medical gel packs that you can warm up in hot water) Panadol doesn't help for me at the bet of times either.