+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 12 Week challenge???

Would like to know if another challenge has started? I did join one not long ago (when i was just starting to focus on this) but that has now ended and now that i am more motivated would like to join another one if not start another one?

I need to loose 10-15 kilos (not only for health reasons) but also because I am going on my first overseas holiday beginning of November and want to be be able to wear some of my smaller clothes in my wardrobe.

Lately i have been doing 45 mins on the treadmill most days except yesterday as i went to a friends house and thought id have the day off (i have been good up until then) as i have lost 4 kilos since starting (and that is without doing the treadmill and not really trying) i know its not a good thing to do on a regular basis however as thats what got me into this mess in the first case.

Basically i am trying to have a low carb/low fat diet (within reason) nothing drastic and i am trying to exercise everyday, i am hoping to start the c25k program up again (i did it last year with good results, although i only did have the program, but dont feel that i am up to that level of fitness to start yet).

I have set mini goals for myself ie at the moment i am 76.7 so id like to aim now to get to 70 kilos.

I have most of my life been up and down the scale the heaviest i have been was 111 kilos the lightest 50 kilos. Up until i had my two kids (one after the other) i was within my healthy weight range but with my first born i gained 30 kilos and had only lost half of it before i had my second then struggled with my weight and in 2009-2010 i once again gained control of my weight however i am now finding myself going up the scales once more and i need to be honest with myself and realise that this is not a diet it is a lifestyle change that i need to commit to as unlike my beautiful slim sister my weight is something that i will always struggle with especially if i dont exercise.

If anyone is interested in joining me or perhaps has a group already that i could join?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will join
    Currently 75.5 kg, next goal 70.5

I did weigh just under 90kg february this year

I aim to do 40 minutes to 50 minutes on elliptical trainer, 20 on bike and 500 crunches using fit ball.

I have decided Sundays are my day off from exercise, used to exercise everyday and my calories will be 1600 instead of 1200 (mon-sat)

I'm hoping by end of July I will be 70.5kg

1st goal. 70.5kg
    2nd goal. 65.5kg
    3rd goal. 60.5kg

Then 59.0kg ultimate goal
    Last edited by bunkx; 24-06-2012 at 12:04.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

ashleerose  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doing great bunkx, all we need to do is chose a weigh in day that suits us both I don't care what day it is or even if it's today!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleerose View Post
    Doing great bunkx, all we need to do is chose a weigh in day that suits us both I don't care what day it is or even if it's today!
    I reckon Sundays for weigh in days

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

ashleerose  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. Could I join too?

I had my DD 9 weeks and 3 days ago, and just last Monday (so a week ago) I decided to get serious about losing the baby weight. I've started healthy eating but haven't done much exercise yet.

I've cut out all the naughty stuff I was eating (no butter, cakes etc ). I am not so concerned with eating high fat foods, as long as they are the healthy ones. So I'm having things like avocado and hommus on toast (burgen soy and linseed bread) for lunches, and making sure I eat the good oily foods like fish, nuts and seeds, avocado etc. Dinners are vegie packed but still yummy, I haven't made any drastic changes. I allow myself 2 squares of good quality dark chocolate after dinner

I've lost 1.1kg in the first week. I started at 77.9kg and am now 76.8kg. My first goal will be to get to 70kg, and ultimately I'd like to get down to 62kg.

I do plan to start some exercise. Walking has been hard in Melbourne recently due to the foul weather, but that's no excuse as my DH bought me an Xbox Kinect for Mother's Day with a zumba game.... I just have to find the time in between getting DD down for naps to actually start using it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AllCreatures For This Useful Post:

ashleerose  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    bunkx, Sunday it is then, with next Sunday being our first week of the challenge.

AllCreatures, welcome aboard, the more the merrier.

The great thing is that we are all about the same weight and we all would like to set our first goal for 70 kilos, so it will be great to have someone that can not only motivate us but also inspire us to continue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also use myfitness pal if anyone else does

Chunkybunky is my username so add me

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

ashleerose  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bunkx
    I have Target weight on my iphone and Ease into 5k.
    I will have a look at myfitness pal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bunkx,

I found the app and reinstalled it (apparently) it was one of a few that i had added ages ago and deleted (dont know why) as i really like it now, i have sent through a request.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleerose View Post
    bunkx,

I found the app and reinstalled it (apparently) it was one of a few that i had added ages ago and deleted (dont know why) as i really like it now, i have sent through a request.
    I added you

Can u put your food diary on view, I like seeing what other people eat, it gives me ideas