+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Gender

I was sitting watching a movie last night while DP snored on the couch and I got this overwhelming feeling that my little bee is a mr bee. And that feeling didn't just go away, it was so strong I ended up dreaming about it... Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All my dreams before 20 weeks were about a baby boy! I had hope it was a girl but I think deep down I knew it was a boy. And now I have a beautiful DS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too had several dreams from 12 weeks about having a boy! At the 20 week scan when she announced it was a Boy, I wasn't really surprised!! Over the moon though!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah18 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep. With DD1 I started having really vivid dreams from about 10 weeks that we were having a girl. I dreamed I was giving birth and they always said its a girl. I just knew.

Dd2 I had the same dreams but not as vivid.

This time I started having the dreams later but was right again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had very vivid dreams with my first two pregnancies. First one was correct, second one miscarried so not sure (although still believe it was correct). This one, I haven't had the gender dream... although I have dreamt twice recently that I've given birth at home. Am now hoping it's not true

good luck with your bubba, whichever gender

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kymmie For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I knew the moment we started TTC that we'd have a boy. I would always think of the baby as 'he' and I even said to my DH 'there's a little boy just waiting for us'. I felt that way throughout the entire pregnancy, and I was right. We didn't find out until he was born.

My sister was similar - she and her husband could only settle on a boys name and yep, they had a boy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we had DD and we walked put of the doctors surgery after combination, I knew she was a girl told DH and he said "it could be a boy" I said nope it's a girl, 20 week and 4D 30 week scan confirmed it.
    Same thing happend with DS :-)
    This time I feel like im having another girl..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew DS would be a boy so was not surprised at all when we found out the gender at a 17 week scan

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MissRose1 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (24-06-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't think of what DD was, but my grandma had 6 kids and is one of those ladies who can pick the gender with startling accuracy.

She told me that when the baby first started kicking, she'd sit down in her chair with a little book of baby names, and say "Now we're going to pick your name", and start reading the boy or girl section out loud {depending on what gender she 'knew' it was}

The first name that the baby kicked at would be it's name.
    She claims that all of her children picked their names, and that's the best way to do it. She was so confident that after the baby had picked it's name, she embroidered it on things and referred to the baby bump by that name.

All of her kids were born with the corresponding genders-names {such as a boy being born as Nicholas and a girl being born as Pearl}

When I was pregnant, she smugly told us that the baby was hiding what it was, but she could tell it was a girl, with bright hair.
    Cue rolling eyes and "Yeesss Grandma, whatever you say".
    At the 20 week scan we waited for over an hour for the baby to move to a position where the gender could be seen. Every time it moved, it was obstructing the view of it's bits.
    The lady told us she didn't know for sure, but she had seen a few like this and her guess was girl.

Yep, born a girl, with a gigantic slick of shining bright strawberry blonde hair.

DD appears to have picked up the talent as she's told us that she's had dreams about how she'll have two sisters with red hair, and a very small brother with light hair. She even 'dreamed' {or guessed} the names we have on our name list, even though we don't discuss it with her, and she refers to the 'one day, far away, babies' with those names.

I'll be setting up a DD vs. Grandma match when we get pregnant again. Taking bets on which one is right.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    I didn't think of what DD was, but my grandma had 6 kids and is one of those ladies who can pick the gender with startling accuracy.

She told me that when the baby first started kicking, she'd sit down in her chair with a little book of baby names, and say "Now we're going to pick your name", and start reading the boy or girl section out loud {depending on what gender she 'knew' it was}

The first name that the baby kicked at would be it's name.
    She claims that all of her children picked their names, and that's the best way to do it. She was so confident that after the baby had picked it's name, she embroidered it on things and referred to the baby bump by that name.

All of her kids were born with the corresponding genders-names {such as a boy being born as Nicholas and a girl being born as Pearl}

When I was pregnant, she smugly told us that the baby was hiding what it was, but she could tell it was a girl, with bright hair.
    Cue rolling eyes and "Yeesss Grandma, whatever you say".
    At the 20 week scan we waited for over an hour for the baby to move to a position where the gender could be seen. Every time it moved, it was obstructing the view of it's bits.
    The lady told us she didn't know for sure, but she had seen a few like this and her guess was girl.

Yep, born a girl, with a gigantic slick of shining bright strawberry blonde hair.

DD appears to have picked up the talent as she's told us that she's had dreams about how she'll have two sisters with red hair, and a very small brother with light hair. She even 'dreamed' {or guessed} the names we have on our name list, even though we don't discuss it with her, and she refers to the 'one day, far away, babies' with those names.

I'll be setting up a DD vs. Grandma match when we get pregnant again. Taking bets on which one is right.
    This gave me goosebumps.