I was recently diagnosed with Lyme disease and had to stop breast feeding to go on a 6 week course of antibiotics. I expressed at least once a day and my supply went down to about 60mls at a time both sides combined. (approx 2 oz) I figured it was enough to build on when the time came to try breast feeding again.

However, when I stopped the antibiotics and there was a 1 week wait to get them out of my system before I tried breast feeding again- I got slack thinking he would be building the supply for me soon enough and skipped a few days here and there. He would attach for a few second frustrated that there was nothing coming out. This was about 4 days ago. I then tried expressing again and only 20mls at most came out. I expressed for 20 minutes on each side even when nothing came out hoping this would build it, but still only got 20ml- a bit less even! The last 2 days I have been trying to express more frequently- and it seems like I'm only getting a few droplets at a time and have yet to see any increase.

I think I let my supply go down too far.

Please if anyone has any advice on how I can build up my supply again? Other than what Im already doing? I am desperate to continue breast feeding as we are struggling to afford formula and my son is only 5 months old.