+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default is this normal for 12wk old

just want to see if my 12wk olds sleep patterns seem normal or there is something someone can suggest to make his sleeping better.

he goes to sleep at 9pm up around 1130pm then 2am then 430am then 530-6am then does 30min naps from 6am in bed with me until we get up around 9am.. so 30min sleep then wakes for 15min then nap again.

once up at 9 he will nap around 12pm for 45min then nap at 4pm for 30-45min. can never get day sleeps longer than this.

is it right? any suggestions on night sleeping? would love to stretch that out. i bf him he feeds for maybe 10min each feed..that's all he wants

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my son was around 12 weeks old he would go to sleep around 8:30pm then wake up around 10:30 or 11pm for a feed, then around 2:30 for a feed, then around 4am then 6am and then he would wake up around 7:30 or 8am. I would take him out of the room and try to play with him a bit, but generally he would go back to sleep around 10am, 12:30 or 1pm, 3pm, 6pm each sleep varies, most of the time is about 40 minutes max. Then 8:30pm. I breastfeed him too. At one stage I tried to make him sleep longer in one go by trying to pat him back to sleep after the first sleep cycle. But other than that I just sort of went with the flow. He eventually started to sleep longer in the daytimes naps which resulted in less daytime naps and longer wake times. I just made sure that between 8:30pm and 8:30am he stays in the room with very dim light on and keep it boring. I never dropped any night time feeding till he was 7 months old, I started by dropping the 11pm feed, by the time he was 12 months old i have stopped all night time feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh also if you want him to sleep longer at night time you can try giving him some formula, it will make them feel fuller for longer. My son only takes 1 breast at a time and 10min each time only too. At that age I felt it was too early to starve him or let him cry it out at night. It does get better after a while, especially when you start introducing solids at 6 months