View Poll Results: What do you think is the best amount of time to spend in hospital after having baby?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • As soon as possible (One hour)

9 19.15%
  • After a sleep

4 8.51%
  • One night

4 8.51%
  • Two nights

8 17.02%
  • Three nights

8 17.02%
  • Four or more nights

14 29.79%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ideal amount of time in hospy is zilch

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    For each of my children, I was in for 4 nights. I wish I was in longer for number 1 and 2 as it was so nice to just recover and be looked after and do nothing. The whole experience was bliss!! For number 3, I wish that I had of left after the 2nd night. I changed private hospitals (and it was a new one) and it was a crap birth/experience. Still very upset a year later....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in for 3 nights (one was the night I had DD). So in on Sunday evening, DD arrived early AM on Monday & we went home mid-morning on the Wednesday. Was public hospital, the staff were great. Was noisy but not too bad. The midwives took DD for a couple of hours so I could rest (although I went looking for her after a few hours sleep).
    I was happy to go home & a midwife visited twice over the next 3 days before we were 'discharged' from the home-care to the MCHN.
    If there wasn't the support given once I left, then I would have preferred to stay longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my first I was in for 7 days (6days out then another 7days in) but that's because there was complications. 7days felt way too long. 3 days would have felt nice. As a first time mum I liked being in there with help on hand and food prepared (which was yummy) however for a second child I would imagine I would want to get home ASAP to be with my dd and future partner as long as no complications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    I stayed 4 nights for both my births and didn't want to leave! I had a private room with a double bed and the food was great. Like a PP said, I didn't have to worry about washing, ironing, cooking and cleaning - it was bliss! The only downside for my second birth was that I missed my little girl (who was 4) very much. I would definitely stay as long as possible. There's no turning back once you're home!!!
    Yep, this was me. I loooooved it! I felt like I was in a hotel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stayed 6 nights and I hated it, I'd never been in hospital before, DH got sent home every night even though I had my own room and kept the door shut. I couldn't sleep at all. Not before or after DS was born. I was so tired by the time I got home. None of the nurses were very nice so I couldn't have them take DS to the nursery. I had a ceaser and DS was a bit jaundice (it cleard up quickly and he didnt need to have the light thing) so they wouldn't have let me go home any sooner, I had to beg them to let me go home when I did.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to stay as long as possible because of my uncontrollable epilepsy.

They just like to keep an eye on things to make sure the trauma from the birth {the normal amount of trauma that your body is put through from giving birth} doesn't set anything off.

Apart from having to stay there, I like it. Hospital food is great, beds go up and down, there's always help on hand the instant you need it, there's always another new mum up and moving that you can talk to and get support from, and if you're feeling blue someone comes to help and chat when you need it.

I'm disappointed when I have to go.

And yep, I said it. I like hospital food! Or maybe I'm just so used to being in hospital because of my seizures that it's familiar and comforting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (24-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had a lot of issues during labour and had to stay a week. It was soul crushing, the nurses were b!tched. They just left we and ignored me even though I was unable to move or even get out of bed to pee.

I have to have a c- section next time and will be staying in the absolute minimum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    With my first I was in for 7 days (6days out then another 7days in) but that's because there was complications. 7days felt way too long. 3 days would have felt nice. As a first time mum I liked being in there with help on hand and food prepared (which was yummy) however for a second child I would imagine I would want to get home ASAP to be with my dd and future partner as long as no complications.
    Nope, second time round I wanted to stay even longer! I knew that as soon as I got home I'd be busy with looking after both kids and preparing meals, was not in a hurry to get back at all! I did miss DS while I was in hospital, but having food brought to me was great, I made the most of being able to rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If everything goes well 2 nights for first. Less for 2nd/3rd presuming I could have a child free house for a day or too