+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only have my hair coloured at the salon. As for how often depends on when I can get there and when my stylist has a booking available.
    Normally it's every 12 weeks as my regrowth blends really well with my colour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    While I don't have any greys to cover, I've always used Live, in the the red packets (Live Brilliance maybe?)

ETA: For some reason I thought you mentioned greys - just re-read an you didn't!
    Original post I did mention greys. It's the only reason I dye my hair!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Garnier Herbashine. I chose that one because it was the only semi-permanent that had the right shade that I wanted. I wanted a semi as the regrowth tends to look softer - not the hard, straight line with permanent. But I think I may have to bight the bullet and go permanent as it's just not cutting it well enough. Then I'll use salon-type that you mix yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every 6 weeks at the salon. I have blonde hair so would never contemplate doing it at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every 6-8 weeks at the salon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Professionally- never anymore.

At home job ever few months sometimes longer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have foils and when it gets to the point that curling my hair no longer hides the regrowth or just looks outgrown (and Im embarrased about it) I get it redone. So probably every 3-4 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been to the salon for colour once in my life. I was so unhappy with the outcome that i never dared to go back.

I do mine at home about every 6 months. I have dark brown hair, and only really colour it now to cover the greys (actually bright white hairs!). If i had more of them, the white ones, i think they'd look like pretty ace highlights, at none of the cost or effort

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to do it at home every 6 Weeks or so... But i'm at least 50% grey now and the packets just don't hide it any more, it's showing after 3 Weeks and I can't do my own roots at home... So I go to the salon and have an all over colour every other time, and half head of foils.

If one colour all over will hide your greys, then go to Hairhouse Warehouse and get a bowl, brush and measuring jug, a bottle of peroxide and a tube of colour. The girls will advise you on what you need. After the initial investment, you can get away with using a $10 tube every time you colour (more if your hair is longer)... If you are gonna do it long term it really makes it very economical, maybe $100 a year. And the professional stuff is much easier on your hair. You can also mix two tubes to make your own colour etc. I did that for a long time, DH used to apply it for me but you can do it yourself, I was just lazy lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to packet dye my hair black, yes I know! Last time I went to the salon was in September and I asked if there was any way to get the black out because I want to get as close to natural colour as I can, she said nope there isn't!!! So I am not dying it anymore, expensive and I really like my natural colour so in about 2 years it should all look great :P