+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default cramps and intense back pain (maybe TMI)

Ok - so I'll be 35weeks tomorrow. DS1 was born at 35 due to PE. This time, I've managed to get away without it (BP is high but no other signs of it returning at this stage).

Thursday night I was woken with stomach cramps and intense lower back pain... like I needed to do #2. I tried and wasn't able to go. I was actually getting worried because I had read that contractions can start like that. I eventually managed to fall back asleep to be woken again with the same issue. It eventually went away and I was good for a few days.

This morning I was watching my DS and DH swimming when I started getting cramps and back pain again. By the end of class it was so intense I told my hubby to just go home (we had planned on doing a bit of shopping whilst out). On the way home (approx 20 min drive) it got sooo bad I was shaking and feeling nauseaus. Again, tried to go dunny when I got home with no luck, but the position seemed to help. Lay down on the couch and the pain eventually went away. All up, it was probably lasted about an hour. It hasn't come back, but I still get the occasional twinge in my back.

I told myself if the pain was still as bad when we got home I'd ring the hospital, but as it had started easing, and has now gone away, I feel silly ringing them.. plus I'd have no idea who I would ring.

In between I still get the usual BH and still feel bubby moving which is good.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the front of your pregnancy booklet there should be the number of the maternity/labour ward at your hospital.
    Call that number, if you don't have one or can't get through you can call the pregnancy helpline
    1800 882 436

Probably best to call or just go into the maternity ward to get checked. They would prefer you go in than to leave it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahpez For This Useful Post:

kymmie  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahpez View Post
    At the front of your pregnancy booklet there should be the number of the maternity/labour ward at your hospital.
    Call that number, if you don't have one or can't get through you can call the pregnancy helpline
    1800 882 436

Probably best to call or just go into the maternity ward to get checked. They would prefer you go in than to leave it.
    This. It's always best to get things checked out. At the least, they will put your mind at ease. Don't feel silly calling, it's what the number is for

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brummiemummy For This Useful Post:

kymmie  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies - will check my pregnancy book and give them a call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 30 weeks and I felt almost identical to how you just described for 24 hours! I could have written your symptoms myself

I was terrified- first pregnancy and no symptoms at all up until now.

My midwife checked me out and passed everything off for me as perfectly normal :s

Let us know how you go!!!