Closed Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    Dejavu here, wasn't "formula is a luxury" done last year sometime?

yes ..I think we need a new thread..
    Intensive care, is it just a waste of my tax money?

or
    health care for people on benefits...is this just a waste?

or
    should we give seniors discounted travel on public transport or is it a drain?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-06-2012),lambjam  (23-06-2012),MsTruth  (23-06-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I cannot believe how mean some people are with their money. I'm a public servant, your tax dollars pay for my plunger coffee and scotch finger biscuits. Somebody call Today Tonight.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Cinderella82  (23-06-2012),GrabbyCrabby  (23-06-2012),Guest654  (23-06-2012),heeeeerekittykitty  (23-06-2012),lambjam  (23-06-2012),MsTruth  (23-06-2012),RobinSparkles  (23-06-2012),shelle65  (23-06-2012),starla  (23-06-2012),Von Zipper  (23-06-2012)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I was thinking there hadn't been a FF bashing thread in a while...
    It's important, you know. To keep formula feeders in their place.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (23-06-2012),Guest654  (23-06-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    So... what about the woman who can't stand her bleeding nipples anymore at 2am? Where is she supposed to find this formula? What about the single mum who has no-one to pop into the chemist for her?

When you and your baby are in hospital the hospital should have a duty of care to ensure that you are both adequately nourished. We're talking about a baby's food here, hardly a luxury item.

Whilst I would expect that if a mother choses to FF from birth then she should expect to bring her own formula and bottles in. On the other hand, if a woman is desperate then the hospital should be able to provide her with some formula.

I had both my children in a public hospital and this was the case. Although I was trying to BF both my babies in both instances I had good reason to seek comp feed(*). I wasn't expecting that, for DS I didn't own any bottles, formula or anything as I assumed BF'ing would be easy.

*I comp fed DS because he had jaundice and I had supply issues most likely caused by stress and the concoction of drugs from birth as well as severe nipple trauma. I comp fed DD a couple of times as I had supply issues most likely caused by a severe PPH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    how about...

why do women with special needs kids, get funding? I mean I work hard for my money and I dont have a kid with special needs so why should my money go to them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Funny thing is that I had to FF from 3 months so I see nothing wrong with it and have not "bashed FF" but I still think if you are choosing to FF then take your own along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Where on earth are my posts? Did we break BubHub?
    Me too! Hot topic - obvious meltdown...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke88(mum2b09) View Post
    Funny thing is that I had to FF from 3 months so I see nothing wrong with it but I still think if you are choosing to FF then take your own along.
    where is the line?
    what if you do not know?
    take some just in case?

this leaves it in the ..."give up" basket..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Who should supply formula in hospital, the parents or the hospital (aka taxpayer if it's a public hospital)?

I'm not anti formula feeding. BF'ing is bloody hard work,i bled in the early days and nearly gave up.

But I believe if you choose to
    Breastfeed for lifestyle/non medical reasons then you should pay for the formula. The taxpayer shouldn't foot the bill because you choose a more expensive way to feed your baby.

*** to clarify. I consider sexual abuse, pnd, birth trauma, previous technical difficulties, current technical difficulties etc to be medical reasons for not bf'ing. The pay for your own formula view is for women who simply don't want to try at all/think its weird to have a baby at their breast.
    People who formula feed pay for the formula when they go home which has taxes attatched to it. Thus, in a way they are paying way more for the formula that they had at the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Not sure if it's the case in most hospitals but my private one the midwives told me all their formula was given to them by the formula companies, the only formula they bought specifically was for the premmie babies, I bought my own just in case as I wanted goat formula so for me it wasn't a problem however for the few lousy dollars it would cost to formula feed a newborn for a couple of days as a tax paper that's one thing that wouldn't bother me
    and that's why most hospitals won't even tell mums what brand they're using - one of our local tertiary hospitals uses a 'hospitals own' brand, to remove the label concept - because of this issue.

But it means its only the private hospitals (aka those who haven't gone for BFHI) who are eligible for free formula - those who abide by the International laws surrounding formula promotion, don't get it free.

[and for a lot of people, myself definitely included - that's the only issue they have with FF - the unscrupulous marketing employed by the companies trying to get every mother to quit BFing don't really care either way on a personal level]

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (23-06-2012),Bubbles10  (23-06-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast