Closed Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke88(mum2b09) View Post
    I'm more than happy to pay for it if need be, not just expect it to be given to me.
    And read the bit in my posts that clearly states IF YOU CHOOSE TO FF FROM BIRTH THEN BE PREPARED TO PAY FOR IT.
    Oh my goodness, you pressed capslock! I bow down before your superior argument.

I did read that bit in your posts, and I obviously disagree with you. Not sure what else you really expect me to say.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-06-2012),shelle65  (23-06-2012),Von Zipper  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i'm actually not sure.
    i do think having formula provided encourages some mothers to give up - but at the same time, my main gripe about formula in hospitals, is the fact that all the bottles they use (at least, at the hospital i work at) are disposable

i understand that they really can't risk cross-contamination, and its probably more expensive to have it all properly sterilised. but that always makes me wish that mums would bring their own bottles in, just so the hospital waste a few less plastic bottles (obviously its hard - cause its not the best place to wash etc, and mums don't necessarily want to get out of bed etc).

but yup. JMO - don't really care on the front of who pays for the formula.
    i'm too busy criticising the hospitals for providing disposable nappies, and j&j bath wash

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Of course the mother knows if she is capable or not. No it's not up to someone else to decide. But if she decides beforehand she is no capable, then it's up to her to provide the alternative. If she gets there and has nothing, it can be billed at the end like my brother's painkiller medication was billed to us upon discharge.
    So the mother who has had both of her breasts removed due to breast cancer and therefore cannot breastfeed (as she had no breasts) should supply her own formula because she decided beforehand that she is not capable?Wow, I'm truly disgusted by some od the attitudes in this thread. I support a woman's right to feed her baby, and a babys right to be fed, whether by breast or bottle. If a woman decides to ft from birth, she always has her reasons. It's not up to anyone else to decide how valid those reasons are, it is only up to the mother.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella82 For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm more than happy for my tax dollars to go on a few tins of formula at the hospital. I don't think the midwives will be 'encouranging' FF - quite the opposite!

I was told to 'try harder' when no milk was coming out (post hospital) and it was so distressing. If nothing is coming out and the baby is starving/dehydrated - who pops to the servo and gets the formula, bottles etc for the mum? Not everyone is lucky enough to have a support person there 24/7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was thinking there hadn't been a FF bashing thread in a while...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (23-06-2012),shelle65  (23-06-2012),tormyxxx  (23-06-2012)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Where on earth are my posts? Did we break BubHub?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not sure if it's the case in most hospitals but my private one the midwives told me all their formula was given to them by the formula companies, the only formula they bought specifically was for the premmie babies, I bought my own just in case as I wanted goat formula so for me it wasn't a problem however for the few lousy dollars it would cost to formula feed a newborn for a couple of days as a tax paper that's one thing that wouldn't bother me
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 23-06-2012 at 12:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a breastfeeder but to compare formula with cigarettes is totally ridiculous!! some womaen don't have any option due to health conditions and milk supply etc. these comments are hurtful and unnecessary!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Momkey For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post

Why do they want to make things harder or more stressful for new mothers? It's already stressful and hard enough.
    Absolutely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post, sorry.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast