Closed Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just replying to the OP, I think you should supply your own. I supply my babies with food IMO you should supply food for yours too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some formula is subsidised.

Not all formula should be subsidised. Breastfeeding has expenses too.

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Just replying to the OP, I think you should supply your own. I supply my babies with food IMO you should supply food for yours too.
    Even if in hospital? I wouldn't think to take my own meals if if god forbid DS was sick enough to be in hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugardumplin' View Post
    I question the intention of this thread

How ridiculous to suggest that mothers should essentially be punished (financially) because they choose to FF, rather than BF

Why should any woman have to disclose her history, in order to receive free food for her new born baby????!!!!

Outrageous
    Since you're questioning the intention of this thread let me clarify. It's a spinoff from another thread, so that one wasn't derailed. I'm not anti ff. I'm looking at things purely from an economics standpoint.

I agree logistically the concept is flawed.

It's not about punishing ff mothers financially. It's a discussion about whether or not taxpayers should bear the cost of you choosing (for non medical reasons) the more expensive means to feed your baby.

People say it doesn't cost much... You can't let a baby starve, etc... Well if that's the case, what do the parents (who know in advance that they will be ff'ing for non medical reasons) have against bringing in their own formula? Surely parents have a responsibility here too? Or Is it that our 'right' to receive free stuff has taken over?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzlestick View Post
    Even if in hospital? I wouldn't think to take my own meals if if god forbid DS was sick enough to be in hospital
    If your child is in hospital and you have to stay, only your child will be supplied with food, not you.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (23-06-2012),twotrunks  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Since you're questioning the intention of this thread let me clarify. It's a spinoff from another thread, so that one wasn't derailed. I'm not anti ff. I'm looking at things purely from an economics standpoint.

I agree logistically the concept is flawed.

It's not about punishing ff mothers financially. It's a discussion about whether or not taxpayers should bear the cost of you choosing (for non medical reasons) the more expensive means to feed your baby.

People say it doesn't cost much... You can't let a baby starve, etc... Well if that's the case, what do the parents (who know in advance that they will be ff'ing for non medical reasons) have against bringing in their own formula? Surely parents have a responsibility here too? Or Is it that our 'right' to receive free stuff has taken over?
    I used the hospitals cloth nappies when I fully intended to use disposables at home? Does that mean my desire for free stuff has taken over?

Do you honestly think someone decides to use a hospital's supply of formula just to make use of FREE STUFF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    If your child is in hospital and you have to stay, only your child will be supplied with food, not you.
    Because your child is a patient and you are not, in the case of a newborn the baby is a patient, as is the mother.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (23-06-2012),Guest654  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Many PPs have confirmed hospitals pay little to nothing for formula.
    You could look at it this way. Forcing mothers to BF if they are repulsed or scared or sickened by the idea (as some are) will on put a further drain on the system in the future when they require counseling or therapy for the post traumatic stress they will suffer. Just one possible outcome.
    But this point you've made is really unfair when affixed to new mums. Not wanting to BF and being effectively penalized for it is awful. Hospitals have a duty of care and should provide meals for ALL patients.
    Read through my previous posts please. I Think Women who have genuine difficulties or phobias should
    Be given free/subsidised formula.

I do NOT agree with forcing or guilting women into bf'ing.

I just think women who know in advance they will be ff'ing should pay. If they have to pay for formula for 12-18 months at home, why is it so terrible to expect them to pay for it for a few days whilst in hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Because your child is a patient and you are not, in the case of a newborn the baby is a patient, as is the mother.
    Hardest. Concept. Ever.

Mother is a patient. Baby is a patient.
    Feeding one and not the other is discrimination and irresponsible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Yes, but I guess my thinking is, barring emergencies, my baby is my responsibility to feed. If I chose to ff from birth, I would take it in because changing formulas can upset little tummies. One would think someone wanting to avoid breastfeeding would have a supply of formula. Why not provide your baby with that?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (23-06-2012),VicPark  (23-06-2012)