Closed Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If taxpayers are paying for the more expensive option when there is not medical reason... Well then they sort of do have a right to put their 2 cents in.

The taxpayer rarely covers their personal expenses to the state, let alone covers the expense of less than $15 worth of food being supplied to a patient over a few days.

VicPark, next time you're in hospital for a planned stay I encourage you to bring your own meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly83 View Post
    I dont see why they shouldn't .... To breast feed or not is no ones choice but the mothers and one should not feel pressured either way...
    I however would take my own in if I chose to FF only because I wouldn't want to swap and change formula with a new born...
    It's not about choice. It's about providing for your baby. You either provide the breastmilk or the formula. Donor EBM or formula is supplied if needed but ultimately the parents need to supply it.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    It's about providing for your baby.
    So... remind me why the mother doesn't have to provide her own meals?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (23-06-2012),Guest654  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Who cares? In the grand scheme of life this is pretty much irrelevant.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulva For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post

The taxpayer rarely covers their personal expenses to the state, let alone covers the expense of less than $15 worth of food being supplied to a patient over a few days.

VicPark, next time you're in hospital for a planned stay I encourage you to bring your own meals.
    And blankets.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-06-2012),lambjam  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    There's no way on earth you would apply this logic to every scenario. As pointed out earlier, pain relief during labour is a more expensive option than a drug-free birth, and there's often no medical reason for its use. It would clearly be absurd to suggest that women bring their own pain relief or pay extra if they choose to use it, and it's equally absurd to apply this logic to any other aspect of bodily autonomy.
    Some pain relief is medically necessary.

I had to pay for my anaethesist when I had a csec as well as some of the post op drugs.

If, for no medical reason, I wanted to wipe my ar$e with sorbent toilet paper instead of one ply homebrand, I wouldn't expect the taxpayer to foot the bill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
    Who cares? In the grand scheme of life this is pretty much irrelevant.
    Yes, but a contentious issue was sniffed in a previous thread and a spin-off quickly ensued. It's not about the grand scheme of life, it's about how much drama can be drummed up on an internet forum .

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (23-06-2012),MsTruth  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    So... remind me why the mother doesn't have to provide her own meals?
    The hospital provides set things. If you have any other requirements like gluten free, lactose free, vegan/vegetarian, etc then yep you provide your own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    It's not about choice. It's about providing for your baby. You either provide the breastmilk or the formula. Donor EBM or formula is supplied if needed but ultimately the parents need to supply it.
    You're veg*n. That's a choice. If you go to hospital, should they accommodate and provide you with nutrience or should you bring your own food? They have a duty of care to provide you with food in line with you beliefs- cultural, religious or otherwise. If they don't, it's discrimination. Why not feed the baby formula if that is how the parents choose to feed their child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Some pain relief is medically necessary.

I had to pay for my anaethesist when I had a csec as well as some of the post op drugs.

If, for no medical reason, I wanted to wipe my ar$e with sorbent toilet paper instead of one ply homebrand, I wouldn't expect the taxpayer to foot the bill.
    Some is, which is why I used the word "often". Take the woman who uses Pethadine to take the edge off her contractions, and please apply your logic to her.

And please... you can live without toilet paper, a baby can't live without food.