Closed Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The parents supply it.

There should be an emergency supply for unforseen circumstances, but otherwise, it is treated like anything else a patient may choose- they supply it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Formula is a luxury for those capable of breastfeeding.
    What a revolting statement. Yuck.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (23-06-2012),Elijahs Mum  (23-06-2012),Guest654  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gotta love bub hub and the bf nazis ... Loooove the conspiracy theories - formula companies ARE trying to take over the world!!!!!!!

This thread is disgraceful ... I have bf two children and willnprob bf the third onthe way because this is what worked well for us .... If it didn't work I would have changed to ff without a hesitation! Ff is a luxury? ... Seriously?? Ok only if you consider nutrition a luxury.

Hosp should have a supply of formula they should also educate parents on how to use it correctly - I was horrified to discover a mum in my mg used to make up her baby's bottles and leave them on the kitchen bench until baby needed them (yes this was mixed with formula) ... Yes she wasn't too bright but there is NO education around ff.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (23-06-2012),Gracie's Mum  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If people have a choice (ie are capale of either) that in itself I a luxury. Many people don't even have the option. Only those with the privelege of having options would not see it for what it is.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (23-06-2012),VicPark  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the parents should supply it, or at the least the hospital can provide samples or maybe a start off supply

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Careful, you will be called a formula basher!

Works that way here too, not sure what the issue is.

If people or hospitals banned the use of formula, or suggested the should, that would be different.
    Definitely not a formula basher, both of my sweetypies were FF as will this bellybabe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whats the big deal who supplies it? Why do we always have to make a big deal out of everything? I really don't care who supplies it, just as I don't really care if you 'choose' to FF or BF. Its none of my business, and I shall not judge.

For the record, DS1 BF for 6wks, than FF due to health issues
    DD2 BF....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpiritofaWarrior For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (23-06-2012),Bonkers  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really don't understand why people have a problem with supplying their baby's milk.
    Once again- the baby is a person who needs to eat, and hospitals have a duty of care to their patients- which the baby is. They feed the mothers, and every other patient, so why discriminate on babies? Everyone is entitled to eat when in the care of the public health system.

Our hospital provides it for those little emergencies, which is fair enough. But what's the problem with being prepared if you know you will ff from birth?

Just saw the post above. No nipple cream/shields/pumps were supplied either.
    Nipple cream/shields/pumps are not vital for one to continue living. Food is. No food= death.

If people have a choice (ie are capale of either) that in itself I a luxury. Many people don't even have the option. Only those with the privelege of having options would not see it for what it is.
    Like grocery shopping is luxury if you're capable of growing food. And education, because you can live without it. And computers when we can write and read books.

How stupid is it considering these things luxuries? About as stupid as saying formula is a luxury.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (23-06-2012),Guest654  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Definitely not a formula basher, both of my sweetypies were FF as will this bellybabe
    Many comments were pretty much the same as yours, yet they were seen as formula bashing or disgusting comments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofaWarrior View Post
    Whats the big deal who supplies it? Why do we always have to make a big deal out of everything? I really don't care who supplies it, just as I don't really care if you 'choose' to FF or BF. Its none of my business, and I shall not judge.

For the record, DS1 BF for 6wks, than FF due to health issues
    DD2 BF....
    People care about all kinds of things to do with kids and health. Is there something wrong with giving a ****?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub