Closed Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    That comparison makes no sense at all.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    It is all an illogical argument, and my example is just showing how illogical it all is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This thread is so funny. Why would anyone be outraged to provide formula for their baby if they have already decided to formula feed from birth. Wow.. free formula for what.. two or three days for most people.. of course hospitals should keep formula on hand As they already do.. obviously breastfeeding doesn't always work out.. but public hospitals in Australia are breastfeeding friendly. Would be a bit silly if they were offering tins of formula out to everyone wouldn't it?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (23-06-2012),Bubbles10  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    This thread is so funny. Why would anyone be outraged to provide formula for their baby if they have already decided to formula feed from birth. Wow.. free formula for what.. two or three days for most people.. of course hospitals should keep formula on hand As they already do.. obviously breastfeeding doesn't always work out.. but public hospitals in Australia are breastfeeding friendly. Would be a bit silly if they were offering tins of formula out to everyone wouldn't it?

Thats not my argument at all.
    Mine is that women should not be charged for or refused Formula while in a hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you imagine the outcry if the Govt proposed to dock the benefits of women who chose to formula feed at any time after birth because they were choosing the 'luxury' of 'the most expensive way' to feed their children and the taxpayers shouldnt have to pay for that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    No one has suggested hospitals should give out formula or promote it, just to have it available. My example of a lc was meant to illustrate that those arguing that the cost of formula was a reason hospys should not provide it were erroneous in their reasoning as even BF has a cost.
    People were saying those who ff would have to wait until the next day to buy it, well those who wish to see an lc would have to wait. Ours only worked on a Thursday and Friday. I had dd on Saturday morning. Even with an extended stay many are not there when she is and have to source a private one, or miss out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really don't understand why people have a problem with supplying their baby's milk.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (23-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my second child i FF and they supplied the formula untill me and bub were taken to our bed after delivery which was quite a few hrs of waiting.

I had my own bottles and formula but they wouldnt let me use my own untill i was in my shared room.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Although I think mothers that chose to FF from birth should bring there own I understand that this may not always be possible and would be disgusted if a hospital refused a mother/baby formula! I would imagine in these circumstances the hospital would provide formula but if the mother was staying in the hospital for an extended period of time she would be asked if it were possible to supply her own. All done with a good amount of courtesy and respect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    People were saying those who ff would have to wait until the next day to buy it, well those who wish to see an lc would have to wait. Ours only worked on a Thursday and Friday. I had dd on Saturday morning. Even with an extended stay many are not there when she is and have to source a private one, or miss out.
    I had DD 9 years ago in public Hosp. There was a lc on 7 days a week. That aside, it was an example to show their are costs for both. As I said.

DaddyLarge is offline I put on my robe and wizard hat...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Of all the expenses incurred during a birth, is the half a tin of formula really breaking the bank?

We brought our own nappies, wipes, clothes and whatnot, and I think that everyone should do likewise. But if someone doesn't I would expect that the hospital would have their own stash, and the expense wouldn't make me lose a moment's sleep. If a mother wants to use formula for whatever reason (sure, maybe it isn't absolutely optimal, but it's not like the kid's arms are going to drop off from lack of breast milk) and didn't bring a can with them, is it really worth even the slightest thought?

I love the comparison between formula and cigarettes. That gave me a genuine laugh.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaddyLarge For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (23-06-2012),Von Zipper  (23-06-2012)