View Poll Results: Would you support your parents?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because I want to

47 72.31%
  • Yes, because I feel obligated to

6 9.23%
  • No, because I dont want to

3 4.62%
  • No, I am unable to (financially/poor relationship etc)

4 6.15%
  • Other

5 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do anything and everything possible to help them in any way they needed. I've been very lucky to have such amazing loving parents. It breaks my heart seeing the elderly without family. I don't get along with my husbands family but i would help them if they ever needed it also....we may not see eye to eye on things but they're family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I absolutely in a heartbeat would support mine or dh parents in any way that was needed. And to a point our siblings as well.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My parents for sure!

ILs would be up to DF to decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If we were financially able to then yes.

Mil on the other hand, no. dh has made that decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My parents- Yes in a heart beat.
    ILs Mmmm I think SIL can have them

DHs parents never help us when we need it, not emotionally or financially. It makes me sick because I'd do anything for my family but they don't give two sh!ts about theirs!! Most selfish people I have ever met in my life!!!
    Last edited by waterlily; 17-07-2012 at 10:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes, we're getting ready to do this very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep to both in a heartbeat.im very lucky that i love my in laws and my parents are pretty awesome too x

you only live once...
    but if you do it right ~ once is enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dad yes , mum nope , fil and his wife yes, mil and her husband nope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    It intrigues me also. I recently travelled through Vietnam and was humbled and fascinated by their living arrangements. Generations live together, working together and helping each other as an extended family. They have the village that I hear the Bub Hub community wishing for. I will bet that their mental health is exponentially better than here as well.
    Also if families took more responsibility for each other it would take pressure off the welfare system. People would argue why should their family be their problem, they have worked hard for what they have. Because I believe charity starts at home and we would live in a much less consumerist and selfish country if we looked after and nourished our extended families.
    I understand that when any violence or abuse has occurred in your situations that this doesn't apply.
    But I have forgiven my father for him being a s$it dad because he is trying so hard to be a great granddad and when he is staying with us I have a little village and I can have a break.
    Countries like Vietnam put more value on their family and friends than their stuff and to me this just makes sense.
    Yes that's how we live :-) But there are plenty of disadvantages to it too. Not enough privacy for couples, lazy relatives leeching on others (not contributing on finance or housework), too much inteferance (sp?) on how you want to raise your children, stupid expectations like the eldest sister/brother has to take care of the whole family in terms of finance, DIL has to always listen to PIL etc...

But that is my culture and i love it. My mum raised me up, paid for my school, fed me, was there for me, wiped my @ss so of course i'll not hesitate for a second to do the same thing for her when needed. Same with my parents in law. It is killing me everyday that we cannot unite yet.

I love your view on charity, that's how i see it too.

Sent from my U20i using BubHub
    Last edited by lovesushi; 17-07-2012 at 12:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I would.