View Poll Results: Would you support your parents?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because I want to

47 72.31%
  • Yes, because I feel obligated to

6 9.23%
  • No, because I dont want to

3 4.62%
  • No, I am unable to (financially/poor relationship etc)

4 6.15%
  • Other

5 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In laws yes

Parents no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes with out a doubt, mine and his.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    My mother, not my father. He made his choices, he can live with the consequences.
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In case people think I am selfish, my little bro knows I will take him in at the drop of a hat, even move into the small room and let him have the big room. My grandmother is 79 and very independent, but has a home here if she ever needed. My father left the state, my uncle is moving away to be with his wife's family, and my aunty has all her rooms accounted for to the point where my grandmother has to book into a motel if she goes out there to visit. Aunty and hubby in a 5 bedder. My little brother is only housesitting, my older brother has a tiny house and are not very welcoming people (his wife too) but she can come here and live, no dramas at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most certainly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would prefer to support them financially with them living elsewhere. Not SUPPORT them entirely... but help if I can. I'd physically assist too.

I could probably handle my mother living with me if I absolutely had to... but nobody else. Not FIL, MIL or my own father. I'd probably end up murdering them. I'd rather just have them live close by, go clean their house for them and organise their dinners etc, than have them living with me.

I would support them if I could financially (which I can't at the moment - they're all doing better financially than we are).

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. My parents are very selfish and would be hell to live with. They are also cheerfully "spending the inheritance" - thier words, not mine - without a thought to their future (I couldn't care less if there is an inheritance or not, but to go on overseas trips every year and buy new cars, clothes, etc all the time is just plain irresponsible and we would be roundly criticised if we 'children' behaved like that). That being said, my partner would probably step in and offer to take them anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course! It would not be easy (inlaws) but we would do it.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dad - yes. Knowing him, asking me for help would be the very last resort and out of sheer desperation, so yes id help him in any way i could.

My 'mother' - no. I've had no contact with her in years and there's a history of childhood abuse so any misfortune coming her way, she deserves and then some.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Op, has this question stemmed from the housing commission thread by any chance?
    yes, it has! I was intrigued by another poster saying her dad was in DOHS housing and about to become homeless, whereas I couldnt imagine my extendd family being in that situation if I were able to help financially/open our home to them