View Poll Results: Would you support your parents?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because I want to

47 72.31%
  • Yes, because I feel obligated to

6 9.23%
  • No, because I dont want to

3 4.62%
  • No, I am unable to (financially/poor relationship etc)

4 6.15%
  • Other

5 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't wait to the day my sad pathetic abusing (in every form) excuse of a father finally leaves this earth so I can live with my mummy, she's awesome so yes, in a heartbeat.

He hasn't worked in years while mum works her **** off to pay for everything and doesn't even help around the house, even cook her dinner after she gets home at 6pm and is currently suffering medical issues. I hate my father, especially what he is now doing to my mum

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Absolutely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I already do in many ways, they don't live with us yet but we move back here to support them. I take them to their appointments, give them money when needed, generally do anything that need to be done.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (22-06-2012),trishalishous  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    me im the child that wouldn't. no way.

inlaws absolutely yes i would.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Depended on the circumstances. My dad is quite sick atm and he told his mum he cant see himself around much longer so i can see them back in my house again and i would assist in dads care.

Mum would most likely end up living with me permanatly and i would support her in her choice to work or stay at home as long as she was able to help out depending on what she chose to do as i would have to support her in every way if dad passed but that would be possible as financially i would be able to earn enough. She wants to give up work as she is over working so much.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had my mum live with us and supported her for 3 years... Was really hard on us as my now DH and I had just moved in together and we were young me 19 him 24. I resent that she didn't work harder to find a Job an move out to give us our own space but had no choice and wouldn't like it but would do it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Op, has this question stemmed from the housing commission thread by any chance?
    I only ask because I was trying to reply but didn't know how to word it.

I talked extensively with my mother before she passed about how I don't understand our culture of living separately. We talked about how I would love for her and dad to live with us when and if they were unable to look after themselves or if they were alone. My parents were and dad is financially secure but we also talked about those circumstances and how I would rather them love with us than struggle.
    Now that dad is alone and financially secure, so lucky in that regard, but he comes to say with us for around 6 months of the year. He lives in Sydney and we are in Perth.
    Dad is annoying, he is not very helpful at all but he is my dad and my children love him to bits. My 2 eldest share a room so that their granddad always has his own space to come and go.

Hope this makes a little sense, trying to put kids to bed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    without a question- I would assist my family and by that I mean cousins, siblings, nephews and nieces in anyway they need if I were able to, at the moment given teh fact that we live with family due to no affordable housing and a very long wait for public housing I wouldnt be able to assis in housing them but I would help in any way possible if ever needed and they woudl do the same for us.
    As a pp said- I would(do) fights and get annoyed by family but they ARE my family and I love them for who they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. We live with my parents. Their health isn't the greatest and my brother is disabled so we all live together so we can all support each other.
    Would I do it for my inlaws? Nope! They turned their backs on us in our times of need. That said though, they have 3 other children that would help them, if they didn't then I would probably cave and help out in some way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    My mother, not my father. He made his choices, he can live with the consequences.
    ^^^ this for me too....