View Poll Results: Would you support your parents?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, because I want to

47 72.31%
  • Yes, because I feel obligated to

6 9.23%
  • No, because I dont want to

3 4.62%
  • No, I am unable to (financially/poor relationship etc)

4 6.15%
  • Other

5 7.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My mum, without question. Anything.

My dad, Id push him in a river and throw a life jacket. That would be all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes absolutely.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Definitely my parents and I know dp feels the same.

His parents.... Would require a much longer discussion....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

3InATub  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. Absolutely.

I don't get on with my in laws at the moment but if they needed us we would have them here in a heartbeat and adjust our home accordingly.

By the same token if either set of parents needed close attention but not necessarily living with us we would do our best to help them move closer to us.

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would do whatever I possibly could.
    And even if I couldn't offer them anything financially, they would always have a home to live in and meals to eat for as long as they needed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would, and it's something I think of often, as neithr of them have any money.

I must admit, at least in relation to my dad, it would be with some resentment as he has squandered money and opportunity over many years. He was partially propped up by his own parents for his whole life until they died, and I'm worried he'll be looking for more assistance as he gets older.

I couldn't have him in in the house as he is suffocating, but we have discussed building a granny flat out the back or something.

In saying that, my parents are only 60 and 65, so I would hope it's another 10 or 20 years away, as they both work and live by themselves (separated) at the moment.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in the fortunate position of being financial able to support both of our parents, if they were for any reason struggling financially, or were for some reason homeless (they own their own homes outright, so fairly secure.)
    We have a granny flat they could live in, or we would buy an investment property, and 'rent' it to them for peanuts.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    He was partially propped up by his own parents for his whole life until they died, and I'm worried he'll be looking for more assistance as he gets older.
    This is something we've worried about too, which is why we arent planning on telling our children about thier trusts, until they have gotten their own jobs, saved money, and shown they can handle the financial responsibilities.

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We would do whatever we could

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Support them in what? Sorry, OP is z bit vague.

Financially? Of course!