+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default RAV4 vs Honda CR V

I am looking into getting a new car. I would love a small 4wd, but with enough space for 2-3 car seats (plus all the other junk that goes with children aged 15 months - 7 years).

I quite like the rav4 and honda cr v. Any recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a CR-V and have had a hire car Rav-4 for a few months whilst our car got hail repaired, so I can compare the two.

CR-V might JUST fit 3 slim car seats in, Rav-4 definitely won't as the middle seat isn't wide enough for a car seat (the seat buckle would be positioned under the base of the babyseat iykwim?).

In terms of boot space they're both pretty similar, Rav-4 boot opens out like a door, CR-V up like a normal boot.

Tire on back of Rav-4 annoyed me as blocks some rear vision.

In terms of features I can't really compare as we have a Luxury CR-V with all the extras included, whereas the Rav-4 hire car is just the middle of range model.

Both cars I'm talking about are the newer models too.

Both are pretty similar on petrol usage. Rav-4 seems more plasticky and not as well tuned as our CRV but that could also be because it's a hire car!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and our CR-V has so much space for all of our junk and luggage for road trips, have never had a problem