+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pelvic pain

It hurts to bend over, spread my legs to wee, walk etc
    I'm 33 weeks and didn't get this with number one.
    What is going on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Sounds like pelvic girdle pain commonly referred to as pelvic instability. The two main culprits are your pubic symphysis(at the front if your pelvis) and your sacroiliac joint.
    If you are in a financial position plz see a women's health physiotherapist. For some relief tonight sleep with a pillow between your knees.
    Try to avoid lifting, pushing shopping trolleys and when you get out of bed or up from a chair try and keep your legs together.
    So many docs/midwives dismiss the pain as normal but there ate things that can be done including getting a support belt.
    Feel free to ask anything else, I'm not medically qualified but I'll do my best to help!
    Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you
    I'm in a world of pain
    I think I will be taking myself to the doctor tomorrow
    This hurts more than c sect recovery

4. The Following User Says Thank You to october For This Useful Post:

MyBabyBells  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Chiropractor!! One that practices the Webster technique.
    I was practically paralysed with pain during my second pregnancy and a chiropractor eliminated all pain! I could practically run a marathon (if i wanted to) after my first appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have it too. It gets worse with every prg...dont ask me why! Some movements feel like my hip is being dislocated. I hug a pillow and sleep with one between my legs. Try to keep ur spine and pelvis in allignment when u sleep. I have not been to physio yet with this one but with my previous prg's it did wonders. I also use a heated wheatbag on the painfull areas, it helps alot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls I will get a referral for a physio or chiro
    Any idea which one is better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke with my ob Thursday as I have suffered more pain this pregnancy and he assured me it can be quiet normal as everything has stretch from first pregnancy so muscles and body isn't like new as it was before. My stomach muscles didnt go back right together from first pregnancy either. All fun of pregnancy I guess and each time being a little older. I am secretly glad this is our last

I hope I are feeling better soon october I'm sure a visit to your gp will give u piece of mind. Take care and put ur feet up the end result is all worth I keep telling myself x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had a look at the SRC pregnancy and recovery shorts. Think i will be getting myself some. Med insurance apparently may pay for them.
    http://www.recoveryshorts.com/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had terrible pelvic pain this preg- the pp have great advice, I also highly recommend an osteopath- have had fantastic results! Physio was somewhat helpful but didn't really have any suggestions that I wasn't already doing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the osteopath! Mine has helped me heaps! I started seeing them when I was about 30 weeks and it helped give me quite a few pain free days each week!

All the physio did was put a support belt on (which didn't help) and tell me not to lift my 16 month old (not very practical advice!) and then charged like a wounded bull!!