+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Strictly only birthdays, christmas and Easter they get a couple small presents. There are times where we go to op shops and if there's something good there for $1 I'll let them get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I buy something whenever I think he needs it for his changing development. I tend to buy good quality ones on special and keep them aside for when he grows into them. I always buy books though, can't have too many. My mum and mil buy him toys quite regularly to play with at their houses.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girls birthdays are within a week of christmas, so they used to get toys throughout the year. Now they are a bit older they don't really play with as many toys. They save their tooth fairy/pocket money up though and buy a new beanie kid as soon as they have enough.
    My little guy has autism and doesn't play with toys so on the rare occasion that he actually shows interest in something I buy it.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mostly Xmas and birthdays, but thinking about it we do get him stuff at other times too. If he's showing a real interest in something right now, i'll buy it now, like he's obsessed with Lego and star wars so i bought him a small storm trooper set recently. And a toy stroller because he was pushing his toys around in his stroller all the time. But that's all we've bought since his b'day in February. He's not big on craft, and I don't buy many books as i borrow at least 20 a week from the library. He gets one big thing at Xmas, b'day and one more in the middle of the year, and then maybe a few more small things throughout the year. But we use the toy library too so it's like new toys every fortnight.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have toys coming out my butt , all gifts , so for DD who's one she never gets any as she loves all the ones we have , as for DS he is well and truly over our toys and he does t play with them much , but every week or two I buy him a new car or something similar as he's going through a car phase .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our kids only receive gifts for birthdays and Christmas and we also do a little gift at Easter. It would have to be exceptional circumstance otherwise. (eg when a new sibling came along) My kids birthdays are all in the middle of the year too. We do have the money to buy things, but it's just not my thing to buy free willy nilly and to get what they ask for all the time.