+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Special events here, usually Christmas, Birthday and something small at Easter. Occasionally we hit the flee markets and the kids get $5 each to spend on a second hand toy, apart from that they just don't need anymore toys(we have wayyy to many)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Toys they get st birthdays and Xmas only. Art stuff, books, (family) games they do get on random occasions.

But we're not big on 'stuff' in this house, we spend money on family outings instead

*I can haz typos*

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Quite often. If I see something she'll like, 'just because' or if it's been a while and I think something new would be fun.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably too often. I am trying to cut back though so that they can save for their own toys. Books, art things, educational toys, etc though I will always buy. They save their money for dolls and things and I never want them missing out on books or puzzles because those things aren't priorities to them. And you can never have too many books IMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Birthdays and Christmas.

They can earn money for doing extra jobs (not thier regular chores) if they want something at other times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love buying toys. especially cars or train stuff.. I used to buy lots of toys but the last one year not so much..maybe good quality toys once in a while (every 6 months or so) Big items for birthdays only as we dont celebrate christmast..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh we only buy toys at birthdays and Christmas! But if it's a really good special we might splash out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Whenever I see anything I think he will like! Usually small things , we go to the shopping centers a few times a week so I usually find a sticker book, matchbox car or bike plus he loves books so I buy a lot of those, bigger stuff i keep for Xmas and birthdays

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is almost 11 months and so far just has one tub of toys and thats plenty! We plan only to buy a toy for each birthday andChristmas as that is how we were both brought up. I would buy books at time of the year though as I am another big fan of books. Our extended family get DD the occasional toy in between. And spoilt her last Christmas. I don't judge those that buy toys at other times but it's just not what I am used to myself. As my DD grows up and starts to get pocket money she will be able to save that up to buy any toys she might want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Birthdays and Christmas only for toys. Books, and crafty stuff I buy throughout the year.

I used to buy DD a lot of toys when she was little. Mostly second hand and cheap, but she got things regularly. I'll be perfectly honest and admit she started to become a little spoilt. Now, I only buy at present time, and DS has only ever had the scrooge version of me and he is blown away every birthday/xmas.

My finances thank me for the change too.