+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Every now and then and only about 2 toys for birthday or xmas. My son is only interested in lego so thats basically what we buy scattered throughout the year.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Usually just for xmas and birthdays...occasionally they might get something.Today i got DS2 a fireman costume that was meant for his bday but I wanted to finish decorating a cake so let him have it coz I knew he would go outside to fight fires for ages

I am a meanie,I dont usually buy something for both the kids,I kinda stagger it. So only one of them gets a treat at once

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids get toys on their birthdays and Christmas but if we go to the salvos they get stuff from there through out the yr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She gets toys for birthday and Christmas. Very rarely gets toys during the year. But I often buy books, art/craft and DVDs whenever I feel like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD gets toys, books, craft, games, DVDs ect All through the year.
    She would get at least one thing a week but realistically it's more that.... I don't really care what anyone thinks. We can afford it and I like buying her things. She's not a spoilt brat and loves birthdays and christmas as we usually don't even buy toys or those days.

If she even put a tantrum on for a toy or gift no way would I get it!!
    Last edited by waterlily; 22-06-2012 at 19:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every month or so but really only because ds' birthday is 4 days after Christmas, so it would be a long wait, plus we have no family around and no friends who have finished having children so if we didn't stock up he wouldn't have anything! Also, he is 17 months so st an age where he grows out of toys fairly quickly. I don't like the idea of him getting things 'just because' but he'd have nothing new for a year if we didn't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    This exactly!!!

My kids get footy cards as a reward for good things!

I prefer my kids to appreciate getting toys at Christmas and Birthdays and most of the kids I know who get toys all year round are spoilt brats who expect everything and anything 'just because'!!!
    Thats a bit rough! My kids are not spoilt brats! They hardly get anything from extended family so what we get is it. My kids are quite happy to go have a look at toys or buy for a friend or a cousin without asking for stuff. We make it clear from the start weather or not they will be getting something and they accept what we say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bigger toys are saved for birthdays and Xmas but I still buy DD stuff throughout the year. We used to go browsing at least every fortnight and she would get to chose a new book or a DVD. Since I've gone on maternity leave and money's a bit tighter she gets other things as treats like playdates, trips to the park or cooking with mummy. She loves to come to the supermarket and help with mummies jobs etc as rewards for stuff etc. My DD isn't spoiled at all and she knows if we are shopping and she has a tanty she gets nothing. She doesn't often ask for anything specific ever.... I can only remember once her asking for something and that was a pinkie pie MLP toy which she got for Xmas last year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends. Sometimes they don't get anything for months, other times we buy things more regularly.

For example DS1 adores Lego. For the past year or so he's played with Lego for hours a day. He learns all he can about it, is incredibly creative with it and makes new things every day. We figure Lego is a pretty good investment and will be enjoyed by our other kids (DS2 and any others we have) when DS1 outgrows it, so we buy little bits here and there and occasionally a bigger set.

If it was just an 'I want an xyz', rather than something he gets so much use out of, we'd do it much more rarely.

I do believe in getting them little treats here and there though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    DS is only little so if I see a new toy that I think he'd like I get it for him. But we did get him most of his toys for Christmas, and it's only now that he's really starting to play with most of them. He doesn't have a lot - they fit in two storage cubes (and I think that's plenty for a 7 month old!).

Once he's older he'll get toys for his birthday and Christmas, and perhaps one or two new toys in the middle of the year, just because his birthday is only six week before Christmas.

If we're out and about and he is well behaved I'll get him a small chocolate or lolly - my mum used to do that for me and my sister when we were kids.