+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pretty much weekly or more,

Not always toys (he gets crayon, colouring books, chalk, paint etc as well) and not usually expensive items (2$ hit wheels cars mostly but Target are costing me a fortune at the moment cos all the train stuff is in eye site)

He got a take along thomas set the other day for $50 just because, he loves it.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    Pretty much weekly or more,

Not always toys (he gets crayon, colouring books, chalk, paint etc as well) and not usually expensive items (2$ hit wheels cars mostly but Target are costing me a fortune at the moment cos all the train stuff is in eye site)

He got a take along thomas set the other day for $50 just because, he loves it.
    Genuinely curious, are you concerned about what that is showing him? You love something, you get it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS would probably get something every week, usually a hot wheels car as he is obsessed with them.

I get things that I want every week, eg a chocolate bar, and as the car costs the same I do not see a problem with him getting this.

Bigger toys generally are saved for birthdays and Christmas when we do go nuts and he gets a lot more than most children I suspect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Genuinely curious, are you concerned about what that is showing him? You love something, you get it?
    Not at all.
    He loves chocolate too but he doesn't always get it.

He is told 'no' often in regards to items, he being 2 is never happy when the toy goes back on the shelf but whether he gets something or not depends on my mood and his behaviour and it's cost, he was playing around with them in the store and I saw how much he would use it, I had the spare $$ so I brought it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Never. Birthdays and Christmas only.
    Arts and crafts or a book/packet of footy cards as a special reward maybe once or twice a month. Completely foreign concept to me to buy toys "just because".
    This exactly!!!

My kids get footy cards as a reward for good things!

I prefer my kids to appreciate getting toys at Christmas and Birthdays and most of the kids I know who get toys all year round are spoilt brats who expect everything and anything 'just because'!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Other than Christmas and birthdays pretty much never. Everyone spoils them and their room is full of toys that we are always having to cull. We buy bigger things like trampolines and swing sets that will always get used and you can't tred on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I used to buy way more than I do now. Now it's once every couple of months, if that.

The kids only play with them for a short while and then they're not interested in them. Waste of money to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD gets new toys or books probably fortnightly or so. She's doesn't act like a "spoilt brat" because of it though.....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

austmum  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    rarely but I still feel like he has SO MUCH!!!!! I want to take half his toys and vinnies them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    This exactly!!!

My kids get footy cards as a reward for good things!

I prefer my kids to appreciate getting toys at Christmas and Birthdays and most of the kids I know who get toys all year round are spoilt brats who expect everything and anything 'just because'!!!
    For real?

Being 2 Ds sees something and yeah ge does want it but he is certainly not a brat and definitely appreciates birthdays / christmas,

His favourite presentation from his birthday were the clothes his grandparents got him and the thomas trains he got from my sister.

I see it as if I want a treat and have the money I get a treat, same with Ds.

We also go to the park just mum and him 2 days a week and that is time where I play with him exclusively.