+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Blood Pressure, should I be worried?

Hi ladies,

Ive got so many questions to ask and this forum has helped me so much already. This time I want to ask about blood pressure during pregnancy. The last time I visited my midwife it was 106/50 .. Now to me I thought this was low my face went but my midwife didn't seem too bothered by it.

The problem im faced with during this pregnancy is that I don't drink enough water, which I read can lead to low blood pressure, but the only time I can drink water is when I mix it with juice, otherwise I can't swallow it.

Has anyone had low blood pressure during pregnancy? Has it caused you to have any problems during child-birth?

Due: 06/10/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on the bub
    With my first I had low BP it was consistently 100/50. I'd get dizzy occasionally but otherwise no problems at all. I had high BP with my last 2 which was a nightmare!!

Have you tried drinking flavored water? I'm not sure how good it is for you but it would be better then none.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My blood pressure has been 100/50 my whole pregnancy. I'm currently 33 weeks, had it checked this morning and it's still the same. I'm normally 120/70 when I'm not pregnant.

Apart from some dizziness, there are no concerns at all about it. Just be careful standing up. I haven't fainted but have been close a few times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's wrong with drinking water mixed with juice? I do it, like one fifth juice and topped up with water. My GP said that's fine to do..

Thanks
    Reviews
    is your bp normally low? if it was normally highish and is now low then it could be a concern but a lot of people walk around with a 'low' bp esp really fit people.

with regards to drinking water to put your bp up a bit, it doesnt necessaserily have to be water but it is the healthiest thing to drink and things like tea, coffee and coke are diuretics so it has the opposite effect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't see much wrong with juice and water. I like soda or mineral water with a little juice in it. I also eat tonnes and tonnes of ice when pregnant. Good luck with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My BP has been hovering around 90/60 for most of my pregnancy (currently 28+4 weeks). Even after I followed my obstetrician's advice to eat more salt etc it hasn't changed much. She actually told me to drink Gatorade more than water as the salts help a bit.

For the most part, I haven't had any trouble - except that yesterday I had a few incidents of feeling like I was fainting, one of which was quite strong and then resulted in me having a bit of a self-induced panic and my heart rate flying up!! But after speaking to the midwives at the hospital and my GP, they assured me it was most likely blood pressure related - it's just that when your blood pressure is low, it doesn't leave much room for it to drop any lower before you feel it. By the time I got to my GP yesterday, it had gone back to 100/60 which is about the highest it usually gets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My BP was about 100/60 all the way through. No one worried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    110/50 with all 5 pregnanices. Around 110/65 normallly. All good

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have normal-lowish blood pressure normally, and it goes quite low during pregnancy.

This means that I get dizzy and fall over a lot, but my ob has never given me a shred of sympathy! Basically, low blood pressure is good, it's only high that they worry about .