+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They look very similar to what my 2 bubs have both had. My DS above the groin & DD underarm. They had folliculitis, it's where the area gets warm & moist & like an infection in the hair follicle. If bub scratches or pop the blister it can spread. I had to use bactriban cream. It cleared them up really quickly. Not sure if ur bubs are like a blister tho..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry, I was busy doing bedtime for my two boys and missed your reply. I'm glad ED said it was ok. If you have some breast milk, maybe put some of that on them, otherwise I'd leave them alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to see that A&E checked her out and deemed all ok.

I hope they clear up quickly for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    She has them in her armpits now and the ones on her neck are bigger...
    Off to the drs today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeGiraffe View Post
    They look a bit pusy although I can't be sure. Perhaps I could ring the pregnancy/mothers hotline and ask, does that hotline still exist? Haven't used it for years!!
    Looks like what my kids have had for 2+ yrs. It's a virus that really can't be treated according to several second opinions. They do go away after a LONG time though (ds1 had them for 2yrs, they've just recently disappeared) The best you can do is detol in bath water every day. Cover them when they get infected looking after applying Betadine. Wash your hands thoroughly afterwards as contact with the infected ones is contagious and don't let your child touch them when their infected as it will spread them oh and don't pop them, same thing again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The doctor said it was a skin infection, so we've got bactroban now and we'll see how it goes. It makes me sad to know that she's already using antibiotics but I'd rather she be safe than I be sorry I didn't get it treated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tbh it looks similar to a chicken pox to me,

Eta
    Glad it's all ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeGiraffe View Post
    The doctor said it was a skin infection, so we've got bactroban now and we'll see how it goes. It makes me sad to know that she's already using antibiotics but I'd rather she be safe than I be sorry I didn't get it treated.
    Don't feel sad, you're doing what's best for your little girl hopefully it clears up quickly!

All the best