+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you avoid getting flustered?

I adore my kids and do everything I can to be a great mum. In general I do pretty damn well...

But I do get flustered. Sometimes once a day. Doesn't last long (maybe a minute or two) but in that time I get snappy and stressed out. Ie 'cranky mummy' as my four year old and I call that part of me! I always apologize if I'm cranky with him but would love to be perpetually zen!

Examples of flustered moment today...

crossing the road holding DS2 (7months) and carrying takeaway (gas leak in our kitchen). In a massive hurry as we'd just been told we had to be home for repairman immediately. DS1 had been whinging for past ten minutes (the 'my brother LOOKED at me!! He's not allowed!!' style) and decided that rather than walk beside me he'd wrap himself around one of my legs. Cue pants pulled half down, him not letting go because he was suddenly afraid of cars, me almost tripping into traffic and when I finally got to the other side DS2 spewing all over me (neck, face etc) when I turned him around to put him in car seat.

So tell me... Would you get flustered at that? If not, how? I want tips!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummm YES! Who wouldn't...

Sorry I had a laugh at your expense just picturing the pants coming down lol but then you mentioned the spew ew

I think u should give yourself a break your only human

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think ANYONE would get flustered at that! You sound perfectly human

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would absolutely get flustered. and to be honest, i don't actually thing there is anything wrong with it. sometimes kids push your boundaries and they need to know 'okay, mum is at that point'.
    if it makes you feel better, i usually do it once a day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh good, feek better now! I just go out of my way to parent gently and lovingly 99% of the time so when i occasionally turn into a flustered sasquach and snap 'oh will you just GO to the car and stop WHINGING!!!' its not my finest moment. Especially not with the spew running down my neck

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cut yourself some slack, that is easily a freak out moment!!

And you know what too, if your older child is being difficult, you are allowed to be cranky mummy... At four he should understand you explaining why you got cranky if it was related to his behaviour etc.

You sound like a lovely mum, but i think you are being to hard on yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please introduce me to the woman that wouldn't get flustered at that?? I would LOOOVVVVEE to meet her!! If that were me I would have gotten home and cried!! Your amazing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely, Ds is a whinger and it makes me mental,
    He is two and he knows my 'look' , I am alot calmer since doing 1.2.3 magic as I find I am able to reign my fits of yelling an stomping in plus he is a parrot these days and mimics behaviour so quickly and I dont want him to have my poor anger switch.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub