+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    Mod-biscotti's Avatar
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    16,302
    Thanks
    1,712
    Thanked
    3,740
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dread View Post
    Thanks for that. I'm actually liking the uberkate suggestion. There is a piece there that is two large silver bangles held together by a small rung at the top.

    http://www.uberkate.com.au/product-details.php?iD=2045

    I would have one large bangle engraved with the name of my two boys from previous relationship, the other engraved with the name of her two children from previous relationship and the small one holding it together with the name of our baby girl. It would be very significant to her because her reason for wanting a baby when we first started talking about it was that it would tie our little families together.

    Thoughts?
    Love it

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    8
    Reviews
    0
    Ordered.

    Thanks for the help.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Dread For This Useful Post:

    Mod-biscotti  (22-06-2012)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    6,640
    Thanks
    3,134
    Thanked
    3,023
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dread View Post
    would have one large bangle engraved with the name of my two boys from previous relationship, the other engraved with the name of her two children from previous relationship and the small one holding it together with the name of our baby girl. It would be very significant to her because her reason for wanting a baby when we first started talking about it was that it would tie our little families together.
    What an absolutely wonderful idea. Such a thoughtful gift and I'm sure she will love it!

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19,776
    Thanks
    5,212
    Thanked
    7,063
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Simply beautiful! I love it. I love jewellery for special occasions, whenever I put on my jewellery I think back to the day I received it. Perfect

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dread View Post
    Thanks for that. I'm actually liking the uberkate suggestion. There is a piece there that is two large silver bangles held together by a small rung at the top.

    http://www.uberkate.com.au/product-details.php?iD=2045

    I would have one large bangle engraved with the name of my two boys from previous relationship, the other engraved with the name of her two children from previous relationship and the small one holding it together with the name of our baby girl. It would be very significant to her because her reason for wanting a baby when we first started talking about it was that it would tie our little families together.

    Thoughts?
    Great idea and what a very kind and sweet husband you are

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,111
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked
    3,329
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a good hubby. Loooove the idea so much. She ball her eyes out. In a good way

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked
    49
    Reviews
    0
    Ahhh, well done dude. Personally I just love being remembered, so anything would be fine and make me feel special. Aslong as it is not an apron or toaster or iron...I think you know where i am going with this. Your gift ideais totaly awesome, but if you can, make a little trip to the Margaret river chocolate factory, for an additional treat....hmmmmmmm.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    8
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
    but if you can, make a little trip to the Margaret river chocolate factory, for an additional treat....hmmmmmmm.
    Good idea... Pre-pregnancy she was a complete chocaholic... and I mean it. She taught me that you don't buy a block of chocolate to enjoy a row once in a while. We are apparently supposed to enjoy a whole block each in front of telly in an evening. Issue is that she's been a bit meh over it during the pregnancy. She'll have a row if I give her one, but she doesn't seek it out.


    When should I give her the gift? Have it waiting in the room straight after the birth? Keep it hidden away until all the well wishers are gone and it's just the three of us? Or maybe give it to her a week or so later, get grandparents to look after bub and go out for a nice dinner together? I'm worried she might be too exhausted to fully enjoy it if I give it to her right away.
    Last edited by Judge Dread; 22-06-2012 at 15:36.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    19,776
    Thanks
    5,212
    Thanked
    7,063
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd give it to her on the day of your baby's birth, but when it's just your little family together without the extended family/friends.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seasme Street
    Posts
    3,952
    Thanks
    607
    Thanked
    323
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gorgeous i love it. Give it to her after everyone has gone and its just you two and the baby

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Fox For This Useful Post:

    babybumblebee  (22-06-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 21-02-2013, 17:12
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-09-2012, 22:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Tribalance
TriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health physiotherapy services. Weekly pregnancy yoga classes are scheduled at the studio on Thursdays 1- 2pm and Saturdays 1-2:15pm.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!