+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Help me choose a special gift for my wife

Hi there girls. My lovely wife is about to give birth to our first baby together (we have 4 others from past lives) and I want to have a special gift waiting for her in her hospital room for after the birth. She has been an absolute champ through the whole pregnancy seemingly more concerned about looking after me then looking after herself and I want to show her how much I love her, appreciate her and how proud I am of her.

The problem is that I am just a mere male and am struggling to come up with anything better than some flowers and gift cards for pampering, wine, clothes, hair colour etc... so cliche.

Who has some suggestions for something that will be really special to her?

Cheers.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Google uberkate - lovely stuff and can be made to really personal

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Judge Dread  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know it's a bit cliche, but something from Tiffanys?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

hopefulmama2b  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How lovely! Maybe I nice piece of jewellery, something you can get engraved with bub, hers and your name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your post made me cry! What a sweet husband you are!

Those "cliche" gift ideas you mentioned are actually lovely. I would have loved my partner to give me something like that. You don't exactly feel glamorous after birth so those ideas are great for making her feel special.

Other than that...what about a voucher for a photographic session? You could have it for the whole family, or a glamour shot just for your wife.

A piece of jewellery (eternity ring for example) might be a nice gift idea to celebrate the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    a pandora bracelet with the first charm signifying motherhood. Then as times goes by you can add to the bracelet. it's the modern version of a charm bracelet

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What about a hamper of a few things she couldn't have while pregnant (and some stuff that's just yummy for both) like a fancy soft cheese and crackers, bottle of champagne for you both to share, chocolate, that sort of thing....?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband gave me a beautiful gold locket with an engraved picture of a mother and child on it when we had our first. It is something I cherish ever time I behold it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that. I'm actually liking the uberkate suggestion. There is a piece there that is two large silver bangles held together by a small rung at the top.

http://www.uberkate.com.au/product-details.php?iD=2045

I would have one large bangle engraved with the name of my two boys from previous relationship, the other engraved with the name of her two children from previous relationship and the small one holding it together with the name of our baby girl. It would be very significant to her because her reason for wanting a baby when we first started talking about it was that it would tie our little families together.

Thoughts?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Judge Dread For This Useful Post:

babybumblebee  (22-06-2012),chickenfoot83  (16-07-2012),Raising Leprechauns  (22-06-2012),roz2288  (22-06-2012),The Fox  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is absolutely wonderful, what a lovely idea. I think she will love it! I know I would if it was me.