+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 8 month old refusing solids

I know solids are just for fun for the first year, but I'm a little concerned DS is refusing anything other than a bottle or breast for the last 3 days. He is teething and has a temp so might be getting sick (don't know if this has anything to do with it)
    How long should I wait to go see someone about it? And has your child gone through something similar?
    Also he refuses spoon fed and finger foods which he has never had a problem with either of.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 22-06-2012 at 11:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's just cos he is feeling crappy. My kids have been the same. Dd is 12 months and just getting over an ear infection.. and she has only eaten yoghurt or had boob the past few days and turned her nose up at everything else.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS had a cold recently and barely ate anything, but did fill up with more milk than normal. Unless he looks dehydrated or becomes lethargic I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Still not eating solids and temp is down today so we will just see how things go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD (10mo) has a virus at the moment, we were in hospital with her on Thursday. Her lungs are streaky so it's in her chest. Poor bub. She just cut her first tooth too. She's refusing pretty much all solids but we were told not to worry about food and focus on making sure she has plenty of fluids. She won't drink a full bottle at the moment so I'm just offering smaller amounts more often. She seems a bit happier today so hopefully she's on the mend.

I hope your bub gets better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 8 months I most certainly would not worry. If your child has food issues, believe me.. You would know. 8 months is so young still.

***Sent from my phone***