+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default to find out of not?

I *think* i want to find out our baby's gender!
    Ive been having a good hard think about it and believe all my frustrations and mood swings are stemming from "the unknown"! as stupid as that sounds, i am not a fan of the unknown!
    I like to plan and prepare ahead of time and expect the expected!
    DD's gender was kept a suprise to us and in all honesty, it took a good while for it all to sink in - omg, i actually have a daughter!

DH refuses to even talk about finding out the gender, so how do i do this without him knowing?
    Will i be able to keep it to myself? i guess i'll just tell everyone else we didnt find out!

So if i do find out, i will get the initial suprise of joy but i will also have some 'down time' for it all to sink in. Which i like the sound of.

Why did you find out the gender? Do you think it's a good idea of i find out and my dh doesnt? shouldnt it be something we share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We found out the gender with both of our girls and I love/loved knowing.

I found out partly because we could, and because I prefer to buy gender specific stuff rather than neutral.

I think there's plenty to get excited about at the birth and knowing the sex before hand didn't take away from any of this for either of us. It also helped heaps when looking at names because we only had one gender to think about.

As for you knowing and DH not, I know I would have failed miserably! For us it was either we both knew, or we didn't find out at all. If you think you can keep it a secret, then it could work, but I think it would be hard to do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakorsha For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (22-06-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I personally am not a fan of finding out and didn't with either of my bubs.

XH wanted to find out, I didn't. He said he could find out and just not tell me but there is no way this man could have kept his mouth shut about anything.

I suppose you could find out but not tell your DH or anyone else for that matter. If you found out, you'd have to be very very careful not to let anything slip.

I can't see the point of finding out actually, if DH doesn't want to know. It's not like you could then go and buy all pink and girly stuff or blue stuff with trucks and dinosaurs - kwim?

Probably something you should share together. You'll find out soon enough anyway :-) also, you have to consider what/how you'd react if you found out and they were wrong. I don't think I'd handle that very well at all.

Good luck xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out with DD and will be finding out again with this bub.. In a little over a week (so excited!!!!!!)

I'm just a planner by nature and really wanted to shop and decorate and do all those wonderful, fun things u can do when u know the sex. Plus I think it really helped me bond with baby.. Much rather saying "she" than "bub" (or some friends said "it"!!!)

I think it was good too coz it gave hubby time to get used to the idea of having a girl (he was hoping for a boy!)

I'm just a fan of knowing

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jo7 For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (22-06-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I found out, because im quite possibly the most impatient person on the planet. I need to know so i can picture life with another person in it, so i can prepare mentally and bond.

P.s i still swear going by your nub shot i know what ur having

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    I found out, because im quite possibly the most impatient person on the planet. I need to know so i can picture life with another person in it, so i can prepare mentally and bond.

P.s i still swear going by your nub shot i know what ur having
    Oh Diamond, i couldnt agree with you more about the bonding and mental preparing.

I have noticed you are pretty good at ur nub guessing! I would just adore a little man in my life! im swaying that way also, as is DH. So if i found out and it was another wonderful little girl, i'd have some mental prep time be able to get comfortable with that idea also.

What are you having Diamond? did you guess your own nub correct?

Im more 80% sure i want to find out now just have to talk DH around....maybe after he's had 7 beers haha
    Last edited by Hunkamunka; 22-06-2012 at 15:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im in the dont find out camp. I didnt with either and I'm glad I didnt. (I did kinda want to with DS...)

I wasnt really fussed either way and was happy that the doctor could assure us that we had a healthy baby.

I did the nursery in pale green and white so the pink or blue (which arrived in mountains after the baby) matched in really well.

I think you both need to agree - I know I would have slipped up....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out with both my two. Had to. I'm a control freak

I just felt for me that it was easier for me to bond with the baby when I knew its sex, I could then refer to her as 'her/she' instead of 'it'. I could buy gender specific stuff.

Would have been I interesting if the ultrasound tech got it wrong

Not dissing the ones who were strong enough to keep it a surprise, I wish I could have, I just couldn't handle the ultrasound tech knowing when I didn't!
    Last edited by GirlyWirly; 22-06-2012 at 19:26.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlyWirly For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby 1 I was 50/50 on finding out dh really wanted to so we did ... Good decision it was a boy! But we didn't tell anyone

Baby 2 wasn't planned they are very close in age ... I already had terrible pnd so needed to find out, there was no question we would find out ... It was a girl - everyone knew!

Baby 3 (13 wks along ATM), another ahem surprise baby!, as soon as we found out we were preg I said to dh we are not finding out!! Part of me wants to but I would love to experience the surprise during delivery. And I think already having one of each sex I am quite happy either way iykwim.

If you are getting a lot of anxiety (i was like this with our daughter)I would speak to dh and explain that you need to mentally prepare. Good lick

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

Hunkamunka  (22-06-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find out in 3 weeks and 3 days

Going by my nim im about 80% leaning towards girl... Hm.