+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default when do i start buying baby stuff?

When is the best time to start buying things for bubs? This is my second pregnancy.. I lost my first at 18 weeks and at the time i had nothing for the baby and i get anxiety when i think about going out shopping because the day i went into town with a notebook to make a check list on everything i needed and how much i was up for i was horribly sick and that night was when it happened. Now with this pregnancy im scared that when i go and put a laybye on it will happen again :/ alot has changed since my first pregnancy i Have a great and very supporting partner now and he's so excited about getting our nursery ready i don't Want to leave this til the last minute ( my anxieties make me want too) so when should i start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think its completely up to you. How far are you? We waited to start buying anything until after our first trimester scan (12 weeks). I am 27 weeks and we have alot of clothes, blankets, the cot, change table and glider chair and carseat. Still need to get a pram and bassinet and a fair few other things but am waiting until after my baby shower and when I start maternity leave. Would it make you feel better if you went with your partner or mum or a close friend? It should be an exciting experience for you and maybe having someone there that you are close to will help bring out the positives and make it easier and nicer for you. Or else you could start out buying stuff online? Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't buy anything until end of second trimester/early third trimester - but if you're keen to get started, there's no harm in getting started earlier, but as Sarelou said, I'd probably wait until after 12 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I brought a few little things (nappy bag, a few outfits, etc.) after 12 weeks, and started buying the larger items after my 20 week morph scan. I have most of my stuff now, and have arranged for a lot of the extras we will need, so there is not much to do now

I was anxious about buying stuff too at first, but after my morph scan I was feeling so much better that now it is just really exciting