+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP I do find the comment inappropriate to make on an 'announcement post'. Her reply should have been like everyone else's - congratulations.

If it was an in-joke (although why then was it deleted?) then it should stay exactly that - an IN-joke, meaning not shared with the entire FB world where others don't understand the implication.

I don't think making a comment like that was nice at all when she was sharing her exciting news with everyone, regardless of how close they may be. There's a time and place for comments like that.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doesn't bother me. Everyone's dynamics in a friendship are different. That could be how they talk to each each other. Is your friend upset?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

bitterpure  (01-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having just announced the pregnancy I probably would have been taken back by it. Further along in the pregnancy I laughed at comments like that as DS was a shocking baby too. I guess it's not what you want to hear first when you announce it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    Um... This was *very* similar to a 'thing' that happened on fb the other week.

My friend posted on fb "we've made version 2.0!!" to which I commented "oh no!!! Not 2.0! They come with glitches... Anything would be better than V1 though!! " and to which she liked my comment and replied "yeah well let's hope when YOU get to V2 you bake it better than V1! You always were sh!t at baking! "

It caused a MASSIVE uproar on my friends fb page with me being branded @-&$!!!:$: of the century by her new mummy friends.

However:
    A. I already knew about the pg and she had POAS at my house! (She did this at 6w and announced on fb at 15w).
    B. I'm Version 1's god mother and love him to pieces and my friend has asked me to be V2's god mother also.
    C. V1 will be 5 when V2 comes along and has been an only child. When my friend was debating whether to have more kids, I would tell her there's nothing wrong being an only child as 'how can you improve on perfection'. That is something I say to ppl when I tell them I'm an only child (ie my mum got it right first time). It's all said very tongue in cheek.
    D. My friend and I have known each other 15yrs! We always speak jokingly like that to each other.
    E. Her reply comment was in reference to me having a premmie at 28w as I'm "not a good oven". It's funny as I always hated baking in Home-Ec at school where as my friend is a cake maker and bakes all the time!
    F. We often joke how old we are (we are 29) as we hate how they keep coming out with re-makes of shows that are so much worse than the original!

Needless to say we deleted our comments! It's sad that it overtook my friends happiness but never in a million years would I expect her FRIENDS to be offended by it! We have a lot of mutual friends and I know everyone in hers and her DP's family who were all "in" on our joke.

I'm glad she has protective friends but seriously they just needed to calm the freak down!

PS - In case anyone on here knows us IRL, I'm really lovely and I'm sorry I told you to chillax!

I am confused by this. You're posting a private joke on a public forum and wondering why others are offended?!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default rudeness

I had a "friend" who lost her baby at 6 weeks, I announced that I was pregnant on Facebook at 10 weeks after a scan an doc found everything to be really normal. She rings me up and has a go at me for announcing it before 12 weeks and ended it with "go f@$k yourself"
    I get she may have been upset over her little bub lost but to say that to someone who is excited over a pregnancy is down right rude.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default rudeness

When I announced this pregnancy on FB my aunt put up a status only 5 mins later saying " some people need to be educated in contraception"
    I was soooo cross and what's worse she works at the hospital I am giving birth at!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: rudeness

Zeddie that was quite rude of your friend chance of miscarriage after having a scan and seeing healthy bub at 10 weeks is 1%, much different to losing a baby at 6 weeks!
    I understand your friend would have been very sensitive to the situation but telling someone to go eff themself because they announced their pregnancy at 10 weeks is entirely wrong!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think people are far too easily offended and politically correct these days.

However, I realise the OP is just sharing her opinion/feelings on the post and that is ok.

But for others to actually respond on FB with offence to things they don't understand, hence feel offended (even if it's not directed at them), I think is beyond ridiculous.

FB is making the world far too precious!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default rudeness

We were suppose to be good friends so stung a bit more. Oh and she also said I only got pregnant for attention! Needless to say we are no longer friends anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally wouldn't think anything of that? I think it's probably a private joke... maybe her bub didn't sleep well.. and she was talking about that.. not neccessarily anything bad. Also remember that over facebook and through any device where you can't hear tone/read facial expression things can be taken the wrong way. I'd say she wrote that comment with good intentions.. read it and thought it might be taken the wrong way by others (which it obviously has been) and decided to delete it. I've done stuff like that all the time. If you're worried about it ask your friend.