+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have to admit, I'm not quite sure why you think it's a bad comment.

Has your friend had a miscarriage? In that case the comment is insensitive.

I mean, the friend could have said congratulations instead of just 'oh?' but otherwise, yeah I don't see why you think it's so bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkamunka View Post
    anyone else think it wasnt such a bad comment to make?
    Without knowing the whole story it's hard to say but I don't think it is .

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like maybe the first one had some probs, maybe Colic or reflux, I no my 2 were horrible with it an I'm dreading that happen again, and so are the family I bet lol but we don't really know so can't really judge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Without knowing the whole story it's hard to say but I don't think it is .
    Fair enough. From what i know and from what she told me - her first was a terrible sleeper and she had alot of breastfeeding trouble. Colic/refulx and mastitis. But she eventually got thru it all with of course alot of tears and perservrence! It was just a bit stressful being her first bub and all, i guess.
    I just found it an insensitive comment to make. The fact she deleted the comment makes me think she was offended by it also.

I dont know, i just found it rude. Out of all the other possible replies they could have made they chose to say that....yer, i duno it was weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If that was the 'out of the blue' reply, with no prior history/ shared joke, and the friend didn't already know, then I think it's rude.

Those are the only extenuating circumstances I can think of:

1) She already knew, and so it was a joke that your pregnant friend was in on.

2) Some shared 'in' joke between them that would mean it wouldn't be offensive.

Otherwise not cool... No congratulations, and what sounds like a bit of a snarky/ less than joyous reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the fact the comment has been deleted implies it could have been a bit offensive... Some people just have no tact, but hopefully it was just an "in" joke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I first read it I thought WTF!!?? But after reading other people's posts I think it could definitely be taken as a joke, especially if the friend in question shared the bad experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would have assumed that it was a joke made about an 'in-joke'.
    the fact that it was deleted doesn't mean it was offensive to the person it was intended to - but that other people kicked up a stink.

i've deleted comments on friends pages when their friends got shirty, even when they didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um... This was *very* similar to a 'thing' that happened on fb the other week.

My friend posted on fb "we've made version 2.0!!" to which I commented "oh no!!! Not 2.0! They come with glitches... Anything would be better than V1 though!! " and to which she liked my comment and replied "yeah well let's hope when YOU get to V2 you bake it better than V1! You always were sh!t at baking! "

It caused a MASSIVE uproar on my friends fb page with me being branded @-&$!!!:$: of the century by her new mummy friends.

However:
    A. I already knew about the pg and she had POAS at my house! (She did this at 6w and announced on fb at 15w).
    B. I'm Version 1's god mother and love him to pieces and my friend has asked me to be V2's god mother also.
    C. V1 will be 5 when V2 comes along and has been an only child. When my friend was debating whether to have more kids, I would tell her there's nothing wrong being an only child as 'how can you improve on perfection'. That is something I say to ppl when I tell them I'm an only child (ie my mum got it right first time). It's all said very tongue in cheek.
    D. My friend and I have known each other 15yrs! We always speak jokingly like that to each other.
    E. Her reply comment was in reference to me having a premmie at 28w as I'm "not a good oven". It's funny as I always hated baking in Home-Ec at school where as my friend is a cake maker and bakes all the time!
    F. We often joke how old we are (we are 29) as we hate how they keep coming out with re-makes of shows that are so much worse than the original!

Needless to say we deleted our comments! It's sad that it overtook my friends happiness but never in a million years would I expect her FRIENDS to be offended by it! We have a lot of mutual friends and I know everyone in hers and her DP's family who were all "in" on our joke.

I'm glad she has protective friends but seriously they just needed to calm the freak down!

PS - In case anyone on here knows us IRL, I'm really lovely and I'm sorry I told you to chillax!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElleB For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (01-07-2012),MsImpatient  (20-10-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (02-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to admit I read the comment a few times just incase I missed something. It didn't seem offensive to me. My number 1 was an awful sleeper (still is!) and gave me trouble, and if a friend said something like that to me I'd take it as a joke.