+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default rudeness

A friend of mine had announced her and her partner are expecting their 2nd bub on the wonderful facebook. This was AFTER they had called and seen imediate family and close friends and told them all first.
    Anyways, one of her 'friends' on her facebook made this comment and i was shocked, to say the least. I felt just awful for my friend for having to read it.
    It said:
    "Oh?! i hope things work out better with this bub! remember the good old days LOL!!! oh the joys!"

Since it was written, she obviously deleted it as the comment isnt there anymore. But seriously, who does that? My poor friend!

Have you ver had a rude comment when you announced your pregnancy? how did you react?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omfg how nasty

Hugs to your friend xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is so nasty your poor friend. When I found out I was pregnant it got around quickly because we has some patients with measles and I could loom after them. A co-worker said to me "I don't know why your letting everyone know you haven't reached 12 weeks and could still loose the baby!" I was so dumbfound and upset that I didn't know what to say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I once asked something for someone and i ended up in tears as everyone made the assumption it was about me when it wasnt. There was one comment i had that was so nasty to me, i deleted the person. Endes up readding them in the end but my gosh i was hurt and it made me realise if i ever did fall pregnant that it would be best kept a secret from both here and fb as i couldnt deal with the nasty comments from anyone.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your poor friend! I had a lot of poor reactions from family when I told them I was pregnant, so much so I refused to tell them with number 2 and told my mum to tell them. I think I would have exploded if I got a negative reaction after last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for sharing ladies, it's just awful how people can be so disrespectful. For my friend, she was only sharing the joy in her life and for someone to probably put her into tears and ruin her entire day is just beyond low imo.
    I dont know wether to send her a txt and ask if she's ok or just pretend i didnt see the comment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe it was a personal joke?? My mate has a terror of a baby an we have a few jokes like that between us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i don't see the issue with the comment...sounds like her first bub was a bad sleeper.

we joke about the "dark days" of our first babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyone else think it wasnt such a bad comment to make?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkamunka View Post
    anyone else think it wasnt such a bad comment to make?
    I know that my nephew was a terrible sleeper, my sil would have been very upset to get a comment like that when she announced number 2.