+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Changes to Public School funding NSW

In a nutshell, Barry O'Farrell wants to change the way our public schools are funded. It sounds reasonable enough at first, but it could have a disastrous effect on our public education system. Have a read of this link from the Teacher's Federation:

http://www.nswtf.org.au/files/files/...aflet%20PR.pdf

This is what next week's stop work action is all about. If this gets through there will be no more minimum staffing numbers. There will be less money devoted to education. If this doesn't sit right with you, please follow this link to send a letter to Barry and your own local member.

http://www.localcuts.com.au/send-a-message

If we don't get behind our teachers on this, I really feel its our kids that will miss out. And no, I'm not a teacher!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

gumnutbaby  (22-06-2012),MommaBear  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing so I can have a look later when I'm on the computer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I despise B O'F, it doesn't surprise me in the least though - it isn't like he was actually going to give or do *more* for public education

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    There's a lot of misinformation about this, so as a parent and someone who works for the education department, I feel compelled to share this link. You'll find more information (including factsheets and FAQs) here to make an informed decision about this issue. www.schools.nsw.edu.au/news/lsld
    VickyN
    www.schoolatoz.com.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyN View Post
    Hi
    There's a lot of misinformation about this, so as a parent and someone who works for the education department, I feel compelled to share this link. You'll find more information (including factsheets and FAQs) here to make an informed decision about this issue. www.schools.nsw.edu.au/news/lsld
    VickyN
    www.schoolatoz.com.au
    Thanks Vicky. I'd already seen that. I don't believe I have posted any misinformation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I despise B O'F, it doesn't surprise me in the least though - it isn't like he was actually going to give or do *more* for public education
    Between this and what he's proposing for workers comp, I'd love to know what he will do with all this saved money?! All I can picture is the mayor on The Simpsons with a suitcase full of cash and a ticket to the Bahamas!