+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Centrelink/Family Assistance

This is my first year of receiving Centrelink, currently I am on a parenting payment single & full FTB A + B. I worked from June - November last year & my total earnings including PPL & PPS are around the $34,000 mark. When I filled in all of my applications for PPS & FTB I estimated my income to be around the $35,000 mark so I am under.

I've just logged on to Centrelink Online Services and it's showing my estimate for the year as $0!!! I told them my estimate of $35k so I'm confused about why it says $0 and now also worried I've been overpaid!?

I just checked the online estimator to double check what I'd be entitled to with a yearly income of $35000 & it says PPS + full FTB A + B which is what I am getting. Will this be okay or will I now have a debt to pay back?

Eeek! I plan on giving them a call, but just before holding for what will likely be forever just thought someone might be able to shed some light on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone...?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure that when you are looking at the centrelink online services that you are looking at the estimate for the right financial year. It may be that you are seeing the estimate for 2012/2013 which you may not have completed yet. Make sure you are looking at the estimate for the 2011/2012 year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I don't think you will have anything to worry about. Whilst you are receiving PPS you are entitled to the maximum rate of FTB so it wouldn't matter what your income estimate had of been.
    Factoring in the low income tax offset, the pensioner tax offset and any deductions you will claim at tax time your taxable income will be further reduced.
    Did you pay tax out of your PPS at all? Even if you didn't i think you will probably still be right. If you incur a tax debt the ATO will take it out of your FTB supplements anyway.
    There are calculators on the ATO's website you can use to determine you tax liability for the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would ring centre link and check. It might just be a computer glitch on their website

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can earn upto or just over 40k before it effects you family tax. My online service has at times said $0 too. Don't stress you haven't done anything wrong and unless there are other factors involved you won't have a debt either.