+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default V and Red Bull

OMG I know this is BAAAD but I have a HELLA craving for either a V or a Red Bull this morning!! Are they really bad when you're pregnant?? No judgement please, I am just curious. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't, I'm not sure of the risks but know they aren't good. Maybe have a drink of coke instead, that might help with the craving?!

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    personally i wouldn't, but i stopped all caffeine except chocolate during pregnancy myself. Some sites say it is ok and others say to avoid it?

If i were you I would contact your local information line for pregnant women and run the question by them - i used to do it all the time on the NSW mothersafe line.

Here is a link for the phone number for each state:
    http://www.seslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/...safe/Local.asp

I am sure they will be able to give you the proper advice so you can make your choice an informed one.

Good luck - i know what it is like to crave those drinks….give them a call and hopefully they say it is ok for you,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Given the amount if caffeine and natural stimulates in these drinks, no. I wouldn't have one while pregnant. They increase your resting heart rate and send your body into overdrive.

I never restrict my diet in pregnancy, but always avoided these

*I can haz typos*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally, I wouldn't.. It isn't the best for your heart either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah OK Thanks.. I just realised (DUH) that I have high BP (medicated) so yeah... derrrr.. probably not a good idea.
    WAHH I am so struggling with the "no's" this pregnancy LOL. Have found myself craving alcohol and smoked salmon etc haha. Oh well.. only about 21 weeks to go THANKS LADIES!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there, Yeah they aren't the best even when your not pregnant. The amount of sugar and especially caffiene is pretty potent. It is so crap when you get cravings that you can't fulfill I also have cravings for alcohol especially when my husband cracks a rum can of a friday afternoon haha but i'll just have to wait. I still drink coffee though. I was talking to the doctor at the hospital and he did say that a glass of wine here and there is fine too, so if you get a craving maybe just pour yourself a small glass of wine. Pregnancy really does change everything ahhhh I had alot of trouble giving up smoking as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With your high BP its probably not a great idea. That being said, my OB last pregnancy said 1 energy drink can a day would be fine and well within safe limits for caffeine intake. I didnt follow that advice but i did have about 1 a week/fortnight. Clearly they are not a great choice though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I craved v too

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe try a berocca?