+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Milk Stimulation!

Help!
    I have been sick and had to not breast feed for a week, bubs was put on formula and I expressed and dumped. However, while expressing, i noticed that my milk seemed to be getting less and less. Bubs is back on the boob but shes not getting much, anyone have any ideas on how i can get the milk flowing??

Personallly, I dont mind if I dont feed anymore as she is 3 months old now but hubby wants me to keep going.....

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lots of water, healthy diet, lactation cookies
    And keep feeding (supply and demand)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Feed as often as she wants to and express in between.
    It will be hard for a week or so but it will start to make more so don't give up yet.
    3 months is still young, you can do it

Can I ask why did you express and dump instead of feeding? Were you taking medication?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I was on medication.
    Thanks, I'll keep trying...already eat healthy and drink loads of water

Timings not perfect, sick & needy toddler plus feeding every two hours at the moment, not really anytime to express in between!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its hard with other children isnt it when your supply is low. I have 3. I just try to set up things for the others so they'll be (mostly) right while I perch up on the couch with them.

The usual things that help are fenugreek tablets 1500mg per day and can be used in conjunction with blessed thistle. Oats - an ingredient of the lactation cookies. Ground linseed/flaxseed can be mixed in (also in lactation cookies if you dont have the time to make). I cant pump and feed, no time, so just fed as much as I could. If your supply was good before, you should be able to pick it back up but it will be hard work. Also make sure you are not skipping meals if you are busy which is hard and drink water.

Good luck, it is easier in the long run to keep bf I found especially with other littlies as its so convenient. One less to pack for!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    btw the other thing you could try is medication. Motilium. You can take it for a week or so then slowly wean off the tablets. It can give you a quick boost. Most girls start with 1 to 2 tabs 3 times a day.