+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was in tears too. Must have been very scary.
    The ladies having twins look so happy & excited!

Do they all have epidurals straight away? The filming seems to have started after epidurals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Very scary... Even dh turned his computer down to watch.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 21-06-2012 at 22:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelymum View Post
    The UK version is so much better. I am flawed by the sheer lack of respect the midwives show their patients and also at the high rate of intervention, it would appear that in the US that epidurals are mandatory
    I didn't watch it tonight but from the episodes I have seen, I totally agree. It's like they just expect and assume that everyone will have an epidural. Not that there's anything wrong with epidurals (I had one myself) but it just seems so bizarre how they don't even wait for the women to ask for one sometimes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

lovelymum  (22-06-2012)

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah within the first 5 mins of the first ep a mw said "why would you not have an epidural? You wouldn't go to the dentist and not have Novocain" I have been struggling through trying to watch as much as it irks me. But I am studying to be a middie so need to be ok with intervention when women want it and I think it's helping in some sick way LOL

But that shoulder dystocia was very scary!! Poor mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    Very scary... Even dh turned his computer down to watch.
    Lol my dp did the same thing even had tears in his eyes too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Was talking to mum about this (nurse/midwife) and she said its because it's so litigious, they do them basically as insurance :/

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love that show. But then, I've been obsessed with ANYTHING pregnancy or baby related since becoming pregnant, lol.
    It's differnt, I certainly didn't have my feet up in stirrups giving birth! But I love seeing people sharing different experiences in childbirth.
    Can't wait for my turn in 5 weeks!! Was on thr phone to my mum as we were watching, she said "I don't know how you can stand to watch this knowing it'll be you soon, all that pain!"
    But it honestly doesn't bother me- I'm a realist, haha. I can't avoid it now or pretend it isn't going to happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trina2706 View Post
    I didn't watch it tonight but from the episodes I have seen, I totally agree. It's like they just expect and assume that everyone will have an epidural. Not that there's anything wrong with epidurals (I had one myself) but it just seems so bizarre how they don't even wait for the women to ask for one sometimes.
    When I first got to the hospital and was lying in bed, the midwife said to me that the anaesthetist was on the floor giving ladies the epidural and was going to leave soon, and whether I wanted one. So yeah they technically didn't wait for me to ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope your all aware that they choose the most dramatic births to show you. I'm from the US and no one I know has ever had something like that happen.

Sent from my VM670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies is this on foxtel or normal tv? I love one born every minute it was always on sbs but hasn't been on for ages!