+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Now we have to think of four sentences that include the words Christianity, Buddhism, Islam and Judaism! He doesn't even know what they all mean exactly! (Neither do I LOL). Such hard homework....

Shouldn't have left it to last minute! Naughty naughty!
    Judaism, is popular in hollywood, stars like madonna follow this religion. Paul mcartney is abuddist. islam is controversial in australia. Christianity followers believe in jesus and that he died on the cross.

Are they sentences or statements? Not sure a yr4 kid would know who paul mcartney is. Lol! Trying to help!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    could the answer be to take a photo of the pond then count the frogs on the photograph.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Now we have to think of four sentences that include the words Christianity, Buddhism, Islam and Judaism!
    do you mean four sentences that each contain those four words, or four sentences that contain one of those words each?

Thanks
    Reviews
    God I'm dreading all this logic stuff when my kids get older!!!! (that and fractions!!)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    God I'm dreading all this logic stuff when my kids get older!!!! (that and fractions!!)
    I adore logic questions, can't get enough of them. However if this is meant to be a logic question, it's a terrible one .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Re the frog one - 'my' logic tells me that the number of frogs will vary daily due to breeding etc...she won't need to drain the pond as frogs can't live under water - only tadpoles.
    Look for frog nostrils near the surface.
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 22-06-2012 at 10:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My logic would tell me the answer is zero, frogs need water but you could argue that technically they dont live in it. But then the question asks 'how many frogs are there' not 'how many frogs live in the pond' ... Hmm.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Those type of questions that my girls get are usually simple and short (usually 1 or 2 word) answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    This weeks riddle/puzzle/trick question that I can't figure out, haven't even been able to google! Help? Thanks!

Emily was delighted when she found that frogs had settled in the garden pond. Sometimes there was a big green one, sometimes a brown, and she saw a couple of little ones too. Then she got to wondering just how many frogs lived in the pond. She tried to count them but could never reach the same total twice. Once she was quite sure there were six when, without warning, a completely new frog appeared. Without draining the pond what would be the best way of finding how many frogs there are?

I think you have it Super Trooper. I think it's NONE as frog live near ponds but not in them.

But it's a bit weird the way it's asked. It would have been better without the added bit about draining the pond and the bit that says whats the best way of finding how many frogs there are.
    Last edited by Dannielle; 22-06-2012 at 12:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll let you all know on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by chookylaa View Post
    Judaism, is popular in hollywood, stars like madonna follow this religion. Paul mcartney is abuddist. islam is controversial in australia. Christianity followers believe in jesus and that he died on the cross.

Are they sentences or statements? Not sure a yr4 kid would know who paul mcartney is. Lol! Trying to help!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Thanks, with abit of help from Google he ended up writing, in very short sentences as we were in a hurry LOL-
    Jesus is very important in Christianity.
    Thailand's main religion is Buddhism.
    Judaism is a very old religion.
    Islam's god is called Allah.