Closed Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just for what it is worth

there is no such thing as a life term lease anymore,
    they existed 30 + years ago when the demand for public housing was not as high

if you are in public housing now you are given a minimum term least of 2 or so years and then reevaluated, if your needs have changed (child left home etc) you have 2 choices, accept being moved to a smaller house OR leave housing dept

the housing dept has a massive shortage of available space full stop, great lets move all these old people out of their homes ... and put them where exactly? there are not a great deal of public housing options full stop here, I know of people living in private accomidation which public housing is paying part of because there is not enough units or houses to go around.

my sister left her partner, she was told she would be put at the bottom of the waiting list because she was not technically "homeless" (my mother took her in), she had 4 children 6 and under,

at the same time I KNOW a woman who has 2 children who got evicted simply because she did not pay her rent, as she was now facing "homelessness" (despite having family in the area) she was entitled to accomidation and got a 3 bedroom house,

the system is under funded and over taxed and there is simply not enough places to meet demand,
    the problem is not the "selfish old bats" who wont move from their HOME that they were given for LIFE 30 + years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by marie45 View Post
    Oh how selfish of you. Sometimes its better for the greater good to put differences aside and learn to get along.
    , my mother would not choose to live with family either unless she had to so no I am NOT selfish, she is a capable person who is fully able to maintain her own living environment and self, she requires NO extra help and is happy living with just my father and her

eta - nowif she experianced a change in health or my father passed or she became unable to maintain herself, house or lifestyle or simply didnt feel able to live unassisted I would take her in in a heart beat, I would take ANY of my family in if the cercumstance required it but we dont choose to share because we have our own houses and our own life styles and ways of doing things,

if we can afford our houses etc no I dont tihnk our families should be shoved together to live, that would NOT work
    Last edited by GuestMember; 22-06-2012 at 09:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh how selfish of you. Sometimes its better for the greater good to put differences aside and learn to get along.
    Wow, thats pretty harsh. Not everyone gets along with their family. I have my 21yr old cousin and her 3yr old with me. I am thankful they havent been here for about 2mths now as i honestly believe i would of done something i would regret.

I cant wait for august to come as she finally leaves. I cant wait for my privacy back, my child to have all the space again and me not having to worry about if everything is still at home when i come home after work.

I couldnt live with my parents again. Being seperated was better for our relationship. I know the day my parents will be back will come sooner rather than later as my dad is very sick but i dont want that day to come but he will need a carer.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

GuestMember  (22-06-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gosh, thats a rough situation, id feel terrified if one day i got notified "strangers are moving in!" that would be terrible. You would have all of your stuff already, they would probably have stuff too, so where would it all go? Could you trust the person? Would single mums with kids get put in with other single mums with kids? Would the kids get a long or would it be a ightmare? Would one parent be really relaxed and let their child do whatever while u maintain a strict household?

One persn is a slob the other suffers etc?

That would suck soooo bad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I couldn't live with my mum either. She completely takes over to the point where, after 6 weeks of us being together, my child started behaving like my mother was the parent and I was the sister she doesn't have to listen to. Not everyone can live with their parents as adults. I had my brother here, I could easily live with him. He is like the brother to my daughter, although at 23 I don't parent him, he treats me like a parent to him, someone to turn to and trust. Different dynsmics work for different people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are one of the few countries in the world who do not share with their extended family. You just have to make do, but I guess this sense of entitlement takes over from what is better for everyone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to marie45 For This Useful Post:

MamaNurture  (22-06-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes our society is different to others. I don't think it has anything to do with a 'sense of entitlement'. It more has to do with different cultures and beliefs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

GuestMember  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    Yes our society is different to others. I don't think it has anything to do with a 'sense of entitlement'. It more has to do with different cultures and beliefs.
    I beg to differ.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Marie, do you share with your family? How does people in housing affect YOUR way of life? Do we make YOUR life much harder? Do we interfer with your life?

Do you think it should be one rule for some and another set of rules for others?

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are one of the few countries in the world who do not share with their extended family. You just have to make do, but I guess this sense of entitlement takes over from what is better for everyone.
    But we DO make do lol, I rent privately, as does 99 percent of my entire family.

We make do with what we have and we ALL have homes so you know ...

I dont see how living in over crowded conditions with people you fight with is better for anyone at all,

As I stated if the situation required I would take my family in in a heart beat but were not gunna all move in together and live one room per family for no reason.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast