Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't read the full article but it just came on tv. They just mentioned there are 3 options. 1 - down size, 2 - share, 3 - pay higher rent. It would be very sad for someone older who has lived in the same place for a long time but it makes sense for them to down size if they have 2 spare bedrooms and so many people need housing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phones being stupid
    Last edited by GuestMember; 21-06-2012 at 18:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, the couple in the OP sound like ungrateful, entitled idiots. Its PUBLIC housing! You would think that after 35 years of cheap rent they would have been able to save at least a small deposit for a unit. And I'm sorry, but to say they cant move because they have a dog.... people live in units with dogs all the time. Its not like they are working full time so they aren't able to exercise the dog.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marie45 For This Useful Post:

inbetweeners  (22-06-2012),insanity  (21-06-2012),Liddybugs  (22-06-2012),Sunshinemoonlight  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    No my mother does not, she put alot of time effort and money into that house while the dept of housing literally let it ROT around our heads, my father fixed holes in the roof, re tiled the bathroom and for years we faced potential broken bones just to open the bathroom window as the sill fell out when it opened.

My bedroom walls were wet ALL winter and bed spreads, curtains etc often went moldy.

My mother delt with that as she didn't want to leave her home,

Not to mentioned the 1500+ electricity bills every single winter even though we ran no heaters, the wiring in the house is f*fled, an activity electrician told them that himself.
    And if they kick her out with the rate of houses surviving it would be burned down in 2 years at most or trashed when the 'tenant' refused to pay their rent and got evicted.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by marie45 View Post
    Wow, the couple in the OP sound like ungrateful, entitled idiots. Its PUBLIC housing! You would think that after 35 years of cheap rent they would have been able to save at least a small deposit for a unit. And I'm sorry, but to say they cant move because they have a dog.... people live in units with dogs all the time. Its not like they are working full time so they aren't able to exercise the dog.
    Rent is not automatically cheap, it is based on your income,

my parents pay equal market value for their public housing as someone ib a private house would for this area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

my parents pay equal market value for their public housing as someone ib a private house would for this area.

From my reading then they wouldn't be affected?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marie45 View Post
    They have a few health issues. I can see their point. Would you like to be forced to share you house you bought your family up in or forced to move? Do you know what sort of dog they have? Should an animal have to end up in the pound when they have a good owner who is able to care for it?

The reason why they have cheap rent is because its only a 1/4 of their total income for the week. They are living off centrelink, its hard to save money off centrelink if you didnt realise.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

fairyflossfairy  (23-06-2012),GuestMember  (21-06-2012),starflame  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Um, so if your parents can afford market value rent why are they still in public housing? Isnt public housing for people who cant afford market rent and are very low/no income earners?

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marie45 For This Useful Post:

inbetweeners  (22-06-2012),insanity  (21-06-2012),Liddybugs  (22-06-2012),Lincolns mummy  (21-06-2012),Misiri  (21-06-2012),singlemumma82  (21-06-2012),Sunshinemoonlight  (21-06-2012),VicPark  (21-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    They have a few health issues. I can see their point. Would you like to be forced to share you house you bought your family up in or forced to move? Do you know what sort of dog they have? Should an animal have to end up in the pound when they have a good owner who is able to care for it?

The reason why they have cheap rent is because its only a 1/4 of their total income for the week. They are living off centrelink, its hard to save money off centrelink if you didnt realise.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
    But the thing is it isnt 'their' house. Its the governments.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marie45 For This Useful Post:

inbetweeners  (22-06-2012),Liddybugs  (22-06-2012)