Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    But she's not, she's relying on public housing stock. That's help.
    She is living in a house that was given to her on a life time lease,

She pays full market value so she is not 'relying' on sweet f all.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    She is living in a house that was given to her on a life time lease,

She pays full market value so she is not 'relying' on sweet f all.
    She's occupying a space that a desperate woman could require to escape from a DV situation. Surely the moral issues there outweigh the 'well she has a lifetime lease'.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

inbetweeners  (22-06-2012),ItWasntMe  (22-06-2012),MommaBear  (22-06-2012),VicPark  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by marie45 View Post
    What does it matter what happens to the PUBLIC house after your parents move out? Does it really affect you? Sounds to me that you are just making lame excuses because you know in your heart the right thing for your parents to do is either go private or downsize.
    It matters because that is the home I grew up in and it is my mothers home (legally) until she dies ... the house is hers regardless of how 'selfish' you think it is.

The only public places left in town are in an area that has regular violence and crime so no I dont think my mother should be forced to move there,
    And as I stated they can not get a house in the private sector as they have no rental references.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Are you saying your parents are better tenants than the members of BubHub who are in desperate need of a public housing house? Are you suggesting these people would burn down or trash a house they were allowed to live in?
    Absolutely not, I am saying simply what happens to 'public' housing I was this town on a regular basis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    marie45, I think people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You say your parents are in good health so you don't live with them.... why should others if they're in good health??!

Your family member who you allowed to live with you is lucky, not everybody has family who would do such a thing... lots don't actually I think telling people to live with family is off the mark because it's not always possible.
    He was not family.

My parents worked their butt's off and still do to have what they have, if they were to lose everything some how or their health deteriorated it would not be a question of would I take them in but a question of when. Our family relies on no government hand outs and never has but they sure as sh!t have paid their fair share of tax. I'm sorry if you feel I have no right to comment on this situation as you don't feel I have any knowledge on the matter but we live in a community where what one person does effects another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what im out, im not being involved in this public witch hunt or having my words twisted anymore.

Think what you like ladies,
    The govt sold of almost ALL of their entire public housing stock and as a result people are now suffering.

Continue too boo hoo and b!tch about selfish old people all you like.

cya.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It matters because that is the home I grew up in and it is my mothers home (legally) until she dies ... the house is hers regardless of how 'selfish' you think it is.

The only public places left in town are in an area that has regular violence and crime so no I dont think my mother should be forced to move there,
    And as I stated they can not get a house in the private sector as they have no rental references.
    Many LL do private rentals without an agent and as a LL myself I would far prefer an older couple who have loved their home for a long period of time than any other sort of tenant. You need to stop making excuses.

I would love to be 'given' a house..... but thats never likely to happen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to marie45 For This Useful Post:

MommaBear  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    He was not family.

My parents worked their butt's off and still do to have what they have, if they were to lose everything some how or their health deteriorated it would not be a question of would I take them in but a question of when. Our family relies on no government hand outs and never has but they sure as sh!t have paid their fair share of tax. I'm sorry if you feel I have no right to comment on this situation as you don't feel I have any knowledge on the matter but we live in a community where what one person does effects another.
    And you are lucky to live in such a community

Not everybody feels this way. Not everybody wants to live with their adult children, some people like their independence.

You have a right to comment on the situation but I think comparing our privilidged upbringing and lifestyle to those less fortunate who have needed help is like comparing apples to oranges.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Theophania  (22-06-2012),Ulysses  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The govt sold of almost ALL of their entire public housing stock and as a result people are now suffering.
    I do agree, I think people's anger is often directed to the wrong people. The govt should be doing something about this, not individuals.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

share a book  (22-06-2012),Theophania  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Many LL do private rentals without an agent and as a LL myself I would far prefer an older couple who have loved their home for a long period of time than any other sort of tenant. You need to stop making excuses.

I would love to be 'given' a house..... but thats never likely to happen.
    One last thing

They DID try to go private when I housing dept were talking about selling the house.
    And they were refused for EVERY house they applied for, one real estate flat out said no your 30 years in housing dep't mean nothing, you have no reference we will not take you.