Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marie45 View Post
    We are one of the few countries in the world who do not share with their extended family. You just have to make do, but I guess this sense of entitlement takes over from what is better for everyone.
    Extended family is different to total strangers in my opinion. Massive difference.

We don't share with extended family for cultural reasons. Our economy isn't designed to have everybody sharing with their family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi View Post
    While I am sorry that your parents could not maintain their home, this is not about the govt paying for gardeners or cleaners or anything like that.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    Spot on Nemmi. They didn't expect anyone to pay for anything.

They downsized because that was the most sensible option for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But we DO make do lol, I rent privately, as does 99 percent of my entire family.

We make do with what we have and we ALL have homes so you know ...

I dont see how living in over crowded conditions with people you fight with is better for anyone at all,

As I stated if the situation required I would take my family in in a heart beat but were not gunna all move in together and live one room per family for no reason.

Yet your parents pay market rent for a public house! Why can they not move and rent privately too? Freeing up that house for some one in dire need for a house. Just sounds selfish to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by marie45 View Post
    Yet your parents pay market rent for a public house! Why can they not move and rent privately too? Freeing up that house for some one in dire need for a house. Just sounds selfish to me.
    What so it can get burned down or trashed within 2 years??

The govt gave them a life time lease, no one 'pays' ANYTHING for them.

Private real estate will not rent to them as they have no rental references,

Its the govtfault for selling off 90% of its public housing infrastructure , they shouldn't have given life time leases either but they DID and a lease IS a least regardless of if you are private or public.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Marie, do you share with your family? How does people in housing affect YOUR way of life? Do we make YOUR life much harder? Do we interfer with your life?

Do you think it should be one rule for some and another set of rules for others?

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
    No I dont share with family. My grandparents have all passed and my parents are in good health and are fairly well off. I did however share with an old family friend that we took in as he had nothing and no one else. We shared a house for about 7 years. While it cramped my style as a single woman I dealt with it as that is what we should do. I used to come home from work and find him half naked fallen in a hallway or something, not something I wanted to experience in my life, but I did because he was a friend in need and we had the means to help him out.

I never siad people in housing effect my life or make my life harder. I am simply offering my opinion. Or is that not allowed because I dont share yours?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    , my mother would not choose to live with family either unless she had to so no I am NOT selfish, she is a capable person who is fully able to maintain her own living environment and self, she requires NO extra help and is happy living with just my father and her
    But she's not, she's relying on public housing stock. That's help.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

marie45  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Spot on Nemmi. They didn't expect anyone to pay for anything.

They downsized because that was the most sensible option for them.
    And at this point in time no one pays for anything for my parents so they don't NEED to move, they afford their rent and anything that us their responsibility is done by them, they are 62 and 52 and dad works long hours so they are not entitled to ANYTHING in terms of govt paying for it, they have no healthcare card as dad earns to much, they pay full price rental and they also pay the water at the place

Thanks
    Reviews

The govt gave them a life time lease, no one 'pays' ANYTHING for them.

Private real estate will not rent to them as they have no rental references,

Its the govtfault for selling off 90% of its public housing infrastructure , they shouldn't have given life time leases either but they DID and a lease IS a least regardless of if you are private or public.

What does it matter what happens to the PUBLIC house after your parents move out? Does it really affect you? Sounds to me that you are just making lame excuses because you know in your heart the right thing for your parents to do is either go private or downsize.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    marie45, I think people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You say your parents are in good health so you don't live with them.... why should others if they're in good health??!

Your family member who you allowed to live with you is lucky, not everybody has family who would do such a thing... lots don't actually I think telling people to live with family is off the mark because it's not always possible.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (22-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are you saying your parents are better tenants than the members of BubHub who are in desperate need of a public housing house? Are you suggesting these people would burn down or trash a house they were allowed to live in?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

inbetweeners  (22-06-2012),MommaBear  (22-06-2012)